Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

VALLEY OF THE SUN RETREAT Feb 14-16 2020   News and Announcements

Started Oct-31 by KSCarolyn; 50388 views.
LABFIEND

Dec-27

KSCarolyn said:

I decided to get rid of my landline since I never use it. From now on use my cell number.

I always called your cell, not sure I even had your landline! Agree with Suze, keep it charged!!

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Dec-27

He plans to contact some people he knows after the first of the year.  Hope it works out.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Dec-27

Bob has Honeywell on his list of companies to contact.   Don't know if he knows anyone specifically.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Dec-27

Big job but one that has to be done.  I have done that with my Mom's house and DMIL's. Then our own house a little over a year ago with the move.  Still thinning the herd to try to make it easier for DD an DS when the time comes.

I have a very fragile child's tea service that was my mother's.  It is put away.  It does have some damaged pieces as it has been moved many times.  I could not imagine allowing a child to play with it.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Dec-27

If Ellen's group can't use it, I bet mine will.  They tie some of the quilts with crochet thread.  Ellen's may also.  It should get used one way or the other.  

I got a surprise package from you just before Christmas.  A Michael Connelly book.  Thank you.  Is there a reason you decided to send it instead of bring it?  I'll read it when I'm through with my current read.

Edit:  I see that Ellen can use it.  Good.  I'm bringing her some fabric I rec'd that my group won't use.  Nothing goes to waste.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Dec-27

Hope everyone had a nice Christmas.  Haven't been on the computer since the 20th.  I was a week behind at least from my fall.  I di manage to finish binding the t-shirt quilt and get it to my friend before Christmas.  She said she was sure when she showed it to others, she could get me some business but I said "no".  No one understands the time it takes to make them and would not be willing to pay enough to make it worth my while.  She was pleased with it.  Now to see if her daughter liked it also.  Haven't heard.

My DD gifted me with an Accucut Go.  Looking forward to playing with that.  Making myself wait until the Christmas decorations are put away. 

Have a Happy New Year.  I can't believe that another year is almost over.

Suze (casuzenn)

Dec-27

We had a good Christmas...I got an Instant Pot (Black Friday sale) and just today re-arranged the kitchen so it fits on the counter...dang - its HUGE!!! I am still reading the manuals and whatnot...got an accessory pack and a plain glass lid too...so I am all set...just have to pull up my big girl panties and actually USE it!! (it scares me!!) After the test run, I will cook a pot roast...may not be today though!!.... but hopefully soon!

I am being more ruthless with keeping geegaws... I cleaned out one of the cupboards and wow..there was stuff in there that probably hasn't seen the light of day for upwards of 15 years...we used to host the family Christmas years ago after my Mom got so she didn't want to do it...so I have all sorts of dishes and serving stuff that I probably will never use again...have to see if anyone in the family wants it...

My Mom is starting to give away some of her glassware and figurines...It made me really, really sad to see the cupboards under her counter that has their good china in it (I did not even realize the backside of the kitchen opened up!! ) my Dad built those cupboards and they stored the dishes..and those dishes literally have not been seen for at least 15-20 years....sigh...its beautiful china too...

LABFIEND

Dec-27

Cathy (cacnurse1) said:

I got a surprise package from you just before Christmas.  A Michael Connelly book. 

I didn't put a note in it cause for media rate you can't put notes in, only book, and i didn't want to have the postal service police come get me!  That is the first Bosch novel, thought you could start out with that and if you like it, I can bring more (my suitcase is getting heavy I think-LOL.  But I wanted you to have the first Bosch book to start!

And I have 5 balls of crochet thread, so maybe you and Ellen can share-LOL!

In reply toRe: msg 670
Suze (casuzenn)

Dec-27

Misha, Shelley, Ami, Patty, LeeAnn, Mel....

what times are y'all arriving?  Are you coming in on Wed?

Midkid5

Dec-27

Please share your experience once you have used it a few times

DH wants me to consider the ninja pressure cooker/ air fryer, good review but takes a lot of space.

It is sad that the fancy china is no longer used or wanted, and of no value.  I have seen a few different ideas on how to save and display a piece or two.

It does appear that anyone of us kids are going to want my mom's china.

Ji