Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Frustration!!!   General Discussion

Started Oct-31 by Mel Harris (MelHarris1); 332 views.

I'm SOOOO frustrated!  I worked so hard to add a special border to the quilt I was working on, and I don’t like it. I’m going to tear it off. :(   I spent HOURS on it. I just don’t like how it looks at all. It worked in my head....

Anyone else ever do that? 

Suze (casuzenn)

Oct-31

yes...

I think about quilting designs and plot them out in my head..they never turn out quite like I imagine...sigh...something about how my hands and brain and eyes gets all jangledy

I used to always draw it out on graph paper, but I was so sure this would be super cool. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one!

Misha (MISHAMISHA)

Nov-2

Yep. I spent hours hand appliqueing a border for something and now am having concerns about how to put it together. I think I'm going to have to trim the borders down (I was working on it on the road and didn't realize it was too long) but to do that would mean cutting through the thread where I hand pieced them. I may need to bring it to retreat this year to get ideas. If all else fails, I'll just cut where I have to, and then remove a little bit of the stitching so I can secure it, then resew the parts I unpicked.

Misha I am guessing once you figure out a plan for your border it will not be near as bad as you think. I have adjusted applique before, be happy to help you

Never fun! :( Sorry, girl! I finally got all my borders picked off and the quilt top pressed out--fun, fun!