Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Dream Big Panel Quilting Lesson    General Discussion

Started Nov-3 by judyinohio; 221 views.
judyinohio

Nov-3

Here's an hour-long video quilting "lesson" put on by two HandiQuilter experts on the Dream Big digital flower panel by Hoffman that is so popular. The women talk about basics like batting choices, thread choices, etc. The video quality is superb when it comes to close-ups of the fill stitches and how various threads look when stitched on the panel. They show almost all of the various colors of the panels.

If you are considering buying one of these panels and then tackling the quilting of a panel on your longarm this would be a good video to watch. (For me, it might be a forever project because of my creaky ol' spine. tired_face)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUoEw37Spfc

mom1me2

Nov-4

I got one of the flower panels to practice free motion quilting on my domestic machine.  I do not have a long arm, so I am learning to use what I have.  Not sure where or how to start. I will watch YouTube and check out this video too. Thanks. 

judyinohio

Nov-4

Best ideas I got from it were about using two layers of different battings and all the different thread choices. I felt it was well worth the time to watch so that's why I posted the link here.

• Edited November 4, 2019 11:08 am  by  judyinohio

Hey, Jetta -- Also consult with Mishi at the retreat - she has quilted a few of them and she does beautiful work.  She quilts them and then puts them on stretcher frames and hangs them on her sewing room wall.  Mishi does great quilting - and she does it FAST - something I am not able to do.  

See you before long!

Jonna O.