Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

How does he know?   Off-Topic Chat

Started Nov-12 by Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3); 251 views.

Every evening Ranger my cat hangs out in my sewing room until I head to bed, where he then claims my lap while I check the forum, FB, or play solitare before going to bed. What I cannot figure out is how he always knows when I am about to pack it up and leave my sewing room. I dont think I do anything consistant each night. And the time varies from night to night. But before I even turn off the machine, he is up and waiting by the door.  I must make some sound or sign. Or he is psychic.

Misha (MISHAMISHA)

Nov-13

He’s locked out of the room, right? So how do you REALLY know how long he’s been waiting? Does he maybe hear you turn off the lights or something? It is pretty funny how they pick up on our habits. Phia, however, mostly marches to the beat of her own drummer. She’ll even go to bed when we’re still awake because it’s “Time to go to bed“ in her book!

latterberry

Nov-13

My dog does that too.  Must be some biological clock they have.  

judyinohio

Nov-13

Perhaps you let out a big sigh just before you turn off the machine.  Sort of a "Well, that's enough for today" kind of sigh ...

Cats have very acute hearing.

CC (ccase5)

Nov-14

my cats read my mind all the time. creepy but has to be true. Otherwise they are just too darn smart!!
they sit there and send us messages. like their water bowl needs filling, etc. We are slowly learning.