Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Want to Make a Special Quilt For My DH ....   General Discussion

Started Nov-13 by judyinohio; 7920 views.
judyinohio

Jan-3

There is absolutely nothing secret about this "Cats in the Attic" quilt project.

DH has been keeping an eye on the entire project, from "helping" open the envelopes of everyone's donated fabrics as they arrived to supervising my piecing and fusing of the blocks. He's enjoying the whole process of my creating of his quilt.

I think the part that has intrigued him the most was the fact that there was only one very tiny piece of duplicated fabric in all the envelopes that arrived. We concluded that quilters are cat lovers. LOL

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jan-4

Glad he is enjoying being involved.  I'm not a cat lover, actually allergic to them.  My DMIL was a cat lover and I made her several Kitty items.  She is gone now and I have them.  She is not far from our memories.

In reply toRe: msg 84
judyinohio

Jan-12

Getting close to the goal of more than thirty blocks (so I can eliminate some that I really don't like).

Found a source for a label on Etsy.com today that is going to be terrific. It's a woman in Chandler, Arizona, who apparently will whip out a personalized label super quick and exactly how I specified. My hopes are high. 

Here's the text I asked her to stitch on the 6.5 inch square label:

I sent her this photo of a block in progress to give her an idea of colors for threads:

In reply toRe: msg 93
judyinohio

Jan-12

Progress thus far.  I have printed out another portrait type photo of Misty (taken in 2006) and it is spread out to dry on the kitchen counter as I type.

sueinIL

Jan-12

It's beautiful, Judy!  Those close-up blocks are stunning!  Your DH will love it.  Is it a surprise for him?  Don't think I could pull that off, since I sew in the middle of our house, the crossroads of every trip to the kitchen.

Sue in IL

sueinIL

Jan-12

Row 2, #2:  "When you're a Jet, you're a Jet all the way..."

sue in IL

judyinohio

Jan-12

There is no surprise, Sue.  DH helped open the squishie envelopes of donated fabrics as they arrived from California, Arizona, Texas, Washington and Illinois. He checks out most of the blocks as they are made and slapped up on the flannel design wall. DH is not a very critical design critic, not nearly as critical as I am, LOL.

judyinohio

Jan-12

Is that a line from a musical or a Broadway show or something? 

bornblesse2

Jan-12

It’s looking terrific!

latterberry

Jan-13

Looking great, Judy!  You are making wonderful progress and I love the label!