Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Suggestions for quilt pattern   General Discussion

Started Nov-15 by Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3); 1039 views.

While looking for book themes & gray kitties, I discovered this fabric in my stash. 

I think it came from Chris. 

The amusing thing is my son recently got a tattoo of what he thought was 2 sharks (based on the example sketch he selected).  But this is what he got - definitely not sharks

so just to tease him a bit, when I saw a quilt with koi fish in Houston, I sent him a picture.  Got a good laugh.  Now I find the lovely blue fabric.  He's been nagging me to make him a new super soft quilt and I'm thinking I will make him one, using the koi fabric.  But it's so pretty , I don't want to cut it up in to small squares.  Any suggestions?

bornblesse2

Nov-15

One of the BQ patterns!  Then you can cut large squares of the fabric and show it off!  They have seven or eight variations now!

oh, and they are FAST!

Midkid5

Nov-15

Can not think of the name but the pattern looks like the blocks are floating. There is very dark fabric strips on the bottom and one side of the block.  One of the first quilts I made, used fussy cut fabric with fish and it looked like aquariums.

Jo

judyinohio

Nov-15

Excellent suggestion, Ellen.  You beat me to it.  LOL   Here's the website for browsing all the BQ ideas.

https://mapleislandquilts.com/

bornblesse2

Nov-15

Thanks Judy, I’m getting ready for work and didn’t think I’d have time to look that up....

thanks for the suggestion.  I only have about 3/4 yd, so I'm going to have to have lots of sashing or fill in with other blocks.

ooh, thanks for the link. 

judyinohio

Nov-15

There's no reason you can't fill the other squares with sharks .... realistic sharks, cartoon-y sharks, whatevers. 

It's for your son, let your creative juices flow.

That is a fantastic idea, Judy!  I do have some realistic sharks that I never use because they look very vicious, with bloody teeth - didn't want to scare any littles.  He'll love it.  I need to bind a quilt I just finished quilting, then I'll start working on a Christmas gift.  Fun fun!

That tattoo is betta than a shark.  (And I like sharks too.)