Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Too Much of Great-Grandma's Cabbage Salad   Off-Topic Chat

Started Nov-28 by judyinohio; 701 views.
judyinohio

Nov-28

This year I made too much of my husband's grandmother's cabbage salad. There are just three of us to eat this stuff. Anyone else guilty of making too much of something?

That sounds really good. 

We are skiing for a few days so staying at the slopes. We are cooking all our meals in with the exception of dinner tonight. We are eating out so nobody has to do any cooking cleanup.

tuckyquilter

Nov-28

I'll be right over.  I love Cabbage in all forms.

Yep, I always "over prepare".. but then I have lots of leftovers.

MarciainMD

Nov-28

It's just DH and myself here at home.  We're having crockpot chicken thighs in gravy.  I doubled the recipe so I could freeze half in order to have and easy fix meal for after my next surgery.  But I sure wish I could have some of that cabbage salad.

bornblesse2

Nov-28

We just return home from a trip north to Camp Aloma.  They cooked turkey dinner for a large crowd of us.  My husband is on the board, and thought we ought to go.

but, I am cooking a meal for the family on Saturday.  We will see what I overcook them....but then my family LOVES the turkey leftover and after meals, so it never feels like over cooking.

CC (ccase5)

Nov-28

Not too much, but too little. It's only me and my cats. My son is over at his in-laws taking care of their animals while they vacation. sigh. "waiting for the door bell to ring with goodies"..... only no one uses the door bell. no one else here has one so no delivery person knows I do it seems. I could wait by the door.....
3carats (MaryDinFL)

Nov-28

Yum! Yum! It looks good and I like cabbage. We just got home from my brother And SIL's. It  was a lovely visit an only 45 miles away. Lisa gave me the rest of the turkey in exchange for the remains of my 2 pies coconut cream and pecan.

Our weather has been so warm that she has flowers blooming that shouldn't bloom until late February or March.

Wishing all of you a Happy Thanksgiving. Today is our 66th Wedding Anniversary so I am thankful that we have lasted so long.

Mary in Orlando

Suze (casuzenn)

Nov-28

Congratulations on 66 years together! that is quite the accomplishment these days....

latterberry

Nov-29

Oh yes!  I made too much of everything.  I only had 7 to feed this year, but I think I made enough to feed twice that amount.  I grew up with a mom that thought she had to feed a third world nation.  To her, the ultimate shame would be to not have enough food to feed people.  That's on the agenda for today.

latterberry

Nov-29

66 years!  Congratulations!