Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Fabrics for library quilt   General Discussion

Started 12/28/19 by sueinIL; 278 views.
sueinIL

12/28/19

I am so excited!  DH accompanied me on a novelty-finding odyssey yesterday.  First we had lunch at Portillo's to fortify us for the hunt, and then we went to Hobby Lobby and Joann's!  I bought around 40 quarter yard cuts of things I felt would go in a children's quilt about reading.  Joann's had Harry Potter on sale, and other novelties I got were around $2.50 per quarter yard. I tried to involve DH in the decision making and eventually he got the bug, too. I am going with bright, dark colors and bought all kinds of representations.  If you sent me fabrics in vivid colors, they will no doubt appear in the quilt, too.  I plan to use Kona Snow for the backgrounds, and denimy-looking blue for sashing.  No idea yet about borders and backing.  The pattern is Tall Tails Quilt; it was a $1.00 download and is paper pieced.  Or paper pieced until I can't take it any more and just regular piece it!  It's moving closer to the launching pad!

Sue in IL

judyinohio

12/28/19

Here's someone who made the "Tall Tales" quilt and had fun by changing the sizes of the books. Read her blog page and scroll down to see a child's dolls "reading" the quilt while it is on a bed.  LOL

https://puppilalla.blogspot.com/2018/06/tall-tales-throw-quilt.html

sueinIL

12/28/19

That's a really cute variation on the row-by-row look of the quilt top.  I am going to sash around all my books to enlarge the quilt a bit.  I do think she chose a great background; mine is just going to be a Kona.

Thanks for sending this nice option!

Sue in IL

Kim D. (KIMDIG)

1/9/20

judyinohio said:

https://puppilalla.blogspot.com/2018/06/tall-tales-throw-quilt.html

Thanks for sharing the book quilt!  What a nice layout and I like the different size books.