Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Have you ever had to fix your small Rowenta?   General Discussion

Started Jan-3 by sueinIL; 1116 views.
sueinIL

Jan-3

The little one with the wonky handle that holds water for steaming? I leaned too hard on it and the handle came down on the body of the iron.  Now I can pull it back, but if I use even a small amount of pressure on it, it snaps down pretty hard on my fingers.  I thought about putting a button or something in there to prevent the handle from snapping down, but I'd have to glue it in and I don't want to do that if I can avoid it.  If you've ever had this problem with your iron (and from the reviews, I'd say many people have!) and found a fix for it, please let me know.   I still really like the little iron especially for pressing on my wool mat.

Sue in IL

judyinohio

Jan-3

Are you talking about this cute little thing? 

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/steamfast-travel-steam-iron-white/3154638.p?skuId=3154638

I suspect once it is broken it is broken for good.

You could buy a new one for under $40 (including tax and shipping)  and just promise yourself to be gentler with it in the future. Just remember that they don't make appliances like they used to.

sueinIL

Jan-3

No, but equally cute!  It has a hinged plastic handle that is also the water tank for steaming.  Its number is 1560, electric travel iron.  I still like it for pressing pieces, but boy! does it snap hard on my fingers!

Sue in IL

CC (ccase5)

Jan-4

Sue, contact the maker or at least look at their site to see if any others have complained on this. perhaps there is an easy fix or you might get a new one in replacement. good luck.
sueinIL

Jan-4

Good thought!  The reviews on amazon are really mixed.  I went to a repair site yesterday, but backed out when they wanted credit card info.

Sue in IL

judyinohio

Jan-4

An item as cheaply priced as that iron is is not worth trying to get repaired.

Just buy a new one.

sueinIL

Jan-4

Thinking about it. It heats well, has a nice point for opening seams, and is a good size for use on a wool mat.  Just bites periodically.

Sue in IL

lavenderloco

Jan-5

Is the handle purple on the iron you’re talking about? Have a model number?

Donna in Oklahoma

sueinIL

Jan-5

Donna, yes, it has the purple handle.  Number DA1560. The handle won't stay pulled back.  With just a bit of pressure it snaps down, startles the heck out of me, and hurts my fingers.  Lovely little iron with just this one flaw.

Sue in IL

lavenderloco

Jan-5

Rowena USA doesn’t have parts for this model anymore. Found this website with an exploded parts chart and the handle and other parts for sale...

https://www.fix.com/parts/small-appliance/garment-care/iron/rowenta/

Scroll most of the way down to the grey box that says “Popular Rowenta Models”. There are 2 listings for this model number. Fix.com is out of Nova Scotia and has pretty decent reviews on FB. They are a middleman. Things ship from all over the world. Shipping ($7.95) is as much as a new handle if that is the broken part...or is it the pin that holds it?? That is better than paying for another iron. I have been looking at this model for a long time. Love all the steam holes! 

Good luck!

Donna in Oklahoma