Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

help finding fabric   Quilting Swaps - Unsewn

Started Jan-5 by latterberry; 812 views.
latterberry

Jan-5

About 5 years ago I made a retirement quilt for a colleague that taught chorus.  All of the staff wrote notes on a block and it ended up really good.  The fabric looked like blank sheet music and was perfect for the notes.  Now the band director is retiring and this sheet music fabric would be perfect again.  Trouble is-- I can't find it.  I did go back to the quilt shop where I bought it and they said they no longer had it and showed no interest in helping me find it.  I have looked online, but maybe I'm not that great at searching.  So--if any of you see it, have it, or have any suggestions, I would be thrilled! TIA!

In reply toRe: msg 2
judyinohio

Jan-5

This fabric could be titled " Band director's nightmare".   LOL

https://www.equilter.com/product/255698/tutus-+-toe-shoes-musical-moments-white

Sorry, Lynne, I have looked and looked and cannot find that fabric you used five years ago. It must have been very popular and sold out ...

If you had a scrap of it you could try listing it on the missing fabric website but I don't know if that would be any help.

latterberry

Jan-5

Thanks for trying, Judy.  I didn't think I would have this much trouble finding it.  I didn't think 5 years was THAT old!  I liked the first one, but not enough space for the staff to write their notes since I only use a 6 inch block.  I still have some time but may end up using just plain white and border it with music related novelties which I have plenty of.  But you know how when you get something stuck in your head....    The photo I showed was the last scrap I had and it had the stock number on it but not the manufacturer.  

judyinohio

Jan-5

Ummmm .... you didn't show us any photo.  There's just the word "image".

latterberry

Jan-5

Weird-- it shows up on my first post ??? did this second one come through?

judyinohio

Jan-5

Nope, just the word "Image".

I do not see a photo of the fabric in your first post nor in the later one. I went back through other old postings and photos from other forum members are okay. Don't know why yours are not working ..

judyinohio

Jan-5

Aha!  Photo came through this time. 

That's not musical fabric .... that's a stripe fabric!

ECUFAN

Jan-5

If you cannot find the stripe you need, Kanvas makes a musical stripe in black and cream called The Music in Me. The score is within the black stripe, leaving a blank cream stripe open.  Fabric.com carries it still, I believe. I've used it in 2 quits for ministers of music.

Peggy