Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Aren't they cute   Show and Tell

Started 1/14/20 by Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3); 455 views.
Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3)

1/14/20

My daughter and I attended a baby shower on Saturday for one of her childhood friends.  Of course I had made a quilt and very excited too because I knew this young lady since she was in grade school.  I was able to put lots of special pictures to her and her family in this I spy (scouting, physical therapy, art teacher, mickey mouse, cats, travel, pumpkins, etc).  Here is a picture she posted on FB of her and her husband, so excited about the quilt.  I asked her if they had found all the alphabet pictures and she said they had, and lots of fun doing it too.  On a side note I was tickled to see the pictures from the shower we attended plus a 2nd one she had the next day.  Lots of pictures of people & food.  And in all the pictures, only 2 gifts.  One was the baby onsie from their Alma mater I gave them (purchased so that I could use the accompanying bib in the quilt).  And the other was the quilt.  Ha, I feel special - blush

Judy (DJZMOM)

1/14/20

What a special gift of love and such warm smiles feeling all the hugs held inside!

Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3)

1/15/20

Thanks again for the scout fabric. I did not end up using it in the quilt as I needed black or white for the pattern. Found some grey at hobby lobby.  but I did use a piece of the red ensignias in the soft book for her. 

Suze (casuzenn)

1/15/20

how nice! I am sure they will have loads of fun with the baby and that lovely quilt.

judyinohio

1/15/20

I'll bet you are grinning from ear to ear while you make a quilt for a special person like this young woman who has been a friend of your DD's for so many years. What a delightful gift that means so much to her and her DH as well ...

MarciainMD

1/15/20

The parents-to-be look so happy and proud.  It's a wonderful, personalized gift and they are certainly appreciative of your work.

bornblesse2

1/15/20

Those quilts are the most fun to gift.....what a great quilt!

Pamjr

1/15/20

All the other people DIDN'T give a gift, how weird.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

1/15/20

special quilt for her.  I bet she was thrilled.

sueinIL

Jan-29

So thoughtful of you to use fabrics very personal to the young lady. She will treasure that quilt!

Sue in IL