Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Peggy Martin Workshop   General Discussion

Started Jan-16 by tuckyquilter; 893 views.
tuckyquilter

Jan-16

Peggy Martin was our guild speaker on Tues the 14th and I took the workshop the following day. Best known for her chain strip Paper Piecing methods (which are really easy too) but her Feathered Stars method was amazing. I made a bunch in rapid order.  They are like the Delectable Mountains but WAY easier. I've made two quilts using some of her PP stars.   I am very happy with the results. I love HST to start with and boy are they versatile for using in quilting.

WHAT was your last workshop?

Suze (casuzenn)

Jan-16

I am going to one Monday...a master class with Rosa Rojas with the Appliquick tools...I'll let you know how it went next week!

tuckyquilter

Jan-17

Is that at RD2CA? 

If so, I'll be there on Saturday the 25th. Meeting a bunch of QOV gals at that booth at 12 noon for lunch & discussion. 

One year a bunch of followers of Eleanor Burns wore Pink Boa's so we could identify those chatting on FB.  It was fun.

Suze (casuzenn)

Jan-17

yes...Road to CA..

I am not sure if I will be there Saturday or not..I have to babysit the implementation of a system I support...if it goes well..I COULD be there on Saturday afternoon...I will be there on Thursday afternoon...staying for Party Time! That is such a blast....

It would be fun to meet up!!

tuckyquilter

Jan-17

Jackie  (phone number removed by Misha)

Misha (MISHAMISHA)

Jan-17

Jackie, I edited your post as this forum is public and it's not a good idea to have your phone number "out there". Now that I know Suze has seen it I deleted it. 

Suze (casuzenn)

Jan-17

i have it....thanks!!

Misha (MISHAMISHA)

Jan-17

Great, thanks! I edited it again.

Suze (casuzenn)

Jan-20

Class with Rosa Rojas was fabulous....

the piece d'resistance was the buttons...itsy bitsy teeny weenie buttons...mine was NOT the smallest that can be turned...but dang..it was hard to see! I even had my magnifier and it STILL was hard to see!! The smallest one I turned is on Sam's overall strap...there are 4 others at his feet that range from the first to the fourth ones I did.. Sam is less than 5 inches tall...I kinda wish I had a Sue to go with Sam...I guess I could draw her myself...

One of the COOL things about Sam is he came on the fusible paper but it was perforated to the pattern..so you just had to grab a piece with the tweezers and make sure you turned the glue side DOWN on the back side of the fabric!! 

Here is my Sam...I am not too happy with the band color on his hat (I do have other colors of fabric)...but it's just a class piece so I think it will stay....

we have an even SMALLER set of Sam and Sue...skating....those two figures are about 2 inches TOTAL!! insanity...but I will do it!! This is from the photo on the class notice...

Class was loaded with tips and tricks on how to use the Appliquick Tools...I even hiked up my big girl panties and bought one of her three holed scissors and some of her invisible thread...yipes...I am glad I am not take any more classes (other than Party Time)...but..if I don't misplace them, they should last my lifetime plus a few more! Her tools are all made of surgical steel...she had some anecdotes about trying to get manufacturers to accept that she really, really wanted surgical steel!! They would tell her various things like we have sold stuff made of this(whatever 'this' was) for years and she would say 'I want surgical steel'...then they would come back and say you can't sell them for a reasonable price using surgical steel...and she would say ' I WANT surgical steel - its my business what I can sell them for!! so she has a line of hand applique needles, scissors, tweezers and soon to come, machine needles all made of surgical steel! (she is very persistent!!)

tuckyquilter

Jan-20

WOW, That is one tiny little fellow. Less than 5" would drive me up a wall. I'd need a microscope to see things.  Give us a rundown on the Party Time as well.