Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

An idea for Judy   Off-Topic Chat

Started Jan-19 by Suze (casuzenn); 686 views.
Suze (casuzenn)

Jan-19

I saw these and immediately thought of your claying adventures..though these are stained glass, I think you could translate them to clay easily!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

anybody want to try these in fabric?? with maybe Pellon 2 sided ultra firm fusible?? I think I might!!

I have a friend who does stained glass, and she was inundated with tags from her friends on these!  

She said she started out making a cactus but decided to make these instead.  

judyinohio

Jan-19

You are absolutely correct .... those "sedums" could easily be created in polymer clay. I could make them plumper than the glass petals, too.

Thank you very much for suggesting that idea to me.

Suze (casuzenn)

Jan-20

you could do wild colors....

CC (ccase5)

Jan-25

OH, now those I could grow!!!
judyinohio

Jan-25

I'm looking forward to getting back to claying as soon as I am done with the kitty quilt that I'm slaving over right now.

I just cannot divide my brain between the two hobbies. It's gotta be 100% quilting or 100% claying ... just cannot do the two things at the same time.

Judy (DJZMOM)

Jan-25

The makes me think how opposite you are from my SIL!!  She always goes from one thing to the next.  Right now she is taking classes after work:  Mondays Ukulele; Tuesdays sketching; Wednesdays music at choir; Thursdays private music class with a tutor; Fridays open; and Saturdays watercolor painting.  It used to be scrapbooking, card making, crocheting and beading.  Now constantly she is into cooking from whatever country and style she hears about and obsessed with.  I can't keep up and my head just spins when I try to listen to her latest obsession.  I wish I had her energy.  I guess I feel somewhat worn out trying to learn and really "go deep" with quilting and sewing!  hahahaha

Or maybe I'm just getting too old!

Suze (casuzenn)

Jan-26

yanno...those are cute too!! almost a water lily...but with pointy leaves...