Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Black & White & Bright blog post   Show and Tell

Started Jan-19 by Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3); 977 views.

I think I posted most of these either in show & tell or "what are you working on" last fall as I was making them.  But I hadn't updated my blog until tonight.  It's long and wordy but I know there are some of us here who enjoy novels....

https://deeintex.blogspot.com/2020/01/a-series-of-black-white-experiments.html

judyinohio

Jan-19

That was fascinating reading, Dee.

Twenty years of making your wonderful "I Spy Quilts"? That is a dazzling accomplishment.

Thanks.   Just realized not quite 20, closer to 18.5, I just checked. I was making Colemans when 9/11 occurred. That was Sept 2001, not 2000.  Lots of quilts though.

judyinohio

Jan-20

Have you kept a "scrapbook" with photos of all of them? You have obviously stitched hundreds of quilts. I kept a record for a while of my Project Linus quilts but when I switched to making the fringed fleece "blankies" I didn't bother keeping track any more ...

I started out with a very detailed scrapbook, photos, mounted scraps of the fabric, notes, etc.  I still try to maintain it, but now it's pretty much just the EQ print out, any construction notes and a finished photo.  All the discussion happens on the blog now.  But I haven't printed photos is about 12 months, so that's my next task after I updated the blog.  When I started the blog I also started keeping an Excel file listing all the quilts, who got them, and the name of the blog post.  That way I know if I've already talked about a particular quilt (sticky notes on the binder pages was too hard to manage).  I was surprised how many I could not remember where they had gone.  I really haven't done all that many, given it's been 18 years - less than 200.  But then I do work full time plus.

I also realized after your question about the fleece that I never posted anything about my new LA (and the new side tension bars to match), so I'm working on a post for that.  Also I think I'm going to do a post about my various tips/tricks just because it's so easy to give people a link to a blog post.  Basically I'm getting caught up on the "paperwork" while I'm waiting for ideas on what to work on next.  OH, and avoiding starting on our taxes - bleck.

Midkid5

Jan-20

Dee that is still almost one quilt a month, take into account you work full time...it is a lot.  Not sure if you gave were just I Spy's or total projects.

Jo

viola (sissly4)

Jan-20

Dee you alway make such beautiful bright and cheer quilts.I love the way you design it.Keep up the good work.Will miss you at the retreat.

one a month?  Well I guess when you look at it that way that is a decent number.  I definitely go in spurts though.  That number was just I spy, Including t shirt quilts and other quilts It's somewhere around 350 if I'm remembering my spreadsheet right.  And since I didn't start keeping it until 10 years after I started quilting I may have missed some.  I used to be pretty good keeping up my scrapbook binder so that's what I referenced when I started listing them.  And that also includes 10 tops hanging in the closet, one of which I'm not sure if It will ever be quilted.  I'm waiting on my quilting skills to catch up to my applique skills.  Or until Ami is quilting full time again and I can ask her to do something amazing with it (Ami, are you reading this?).

Thanks Viola.  I will miss seeing you too.   I was sorry to hear about Al.  I know it's been a difficult few years for you.  Hugs from TX.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jan-20

These are all great, Dee.  Bright and cheerful.  You always find a way to make your quilts pop!