Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Good site for large letter templates?   General Discussion

Started Jan-23 by sueinIL; 275 views.
sueinIL

Jan-23

I'm making a book quilt for our new library and I'd like to put "I (heart) Books" or something like that on the back.  Is there any site you know of that would let me make templates of the individual letters?  I think I want to fuse the words onto a horizontal panel somewhere on the back.  Open to any other ideas as well!  Thanks,

Sue in IL

Midkid5

Jan-23

Sue

Does your computer have a block font you can resize to the size you want?

Jo

sueinIL

Jan-24

Probably!  I had forgotten about that. Maybe going up to 72 point would be big enough.  I'll have to see how large I can get them.  Thanks for the reminder!

Sue in IL

Also, most fonts have the option to print the outline only, which would really save a lot of ink.  

JulietDeltaOscar (fixin2quilt) said...

Also, most fonts have the option to print the outline only, which would really save a lot of ink.  

Wow, that's cool! I just looked it up and it's easy, too. How did I not know this already?!

Mishii

Jan-26

Mel Harris (MelHarris1) said:

Wow, that's cool! I just looked it up and it's easy, too. How did I not know this already?!

I would assume because you don't often have the need to print out giant letter outlines?

In reply toRe: msg 6

Mishii said...

How did I not know this already?!

I would assume because you don't often have the need to print out giant letter outlines?

<nods> Guess you're right. But I was a teacher...we use this kinda stuff. I've done classes on programs, since I'm back in school and that's essential in today's society. You'd think...well, guess that's like "you'd assume..." :P