Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Some Delicious Eye Candy - 2020 Road To CA Winners   Show and Tell

Started Jan-25 by Suze (casuzenn); 303 views.
Suze (casuzenn)

Jan-25

https://online.roadtocalifornia.com/awardwinners.php?con=31

now..some of these quilts just do NOT photograph near as beautiful as they are in real life...

the Best of Show quilt...is splendid...it has a shine that can't be captured in a picture. Marilyn Badger also got a second place in Large Pieced quilts...

Also..Blanket of Snow...which really sparkles.

The Witching Hour 2 is shown almost life size in this display...its really really intricate!

There were tons of interesting quilts...

one I really liked was a half nude done all in 1 inch squares..on that one, I think she had to have used the fusible grid because her intersections were totally dead on...at least...'I' would have done it that way!!

And...they had all 5 trunks of the Cherrywood Fabrics Bob Ross traveling exhibit...and, though I did not go to the preview show, someone from Bob Ross Inc that looked like Bob Ross (maybe his son??) was there to put special ribbons on his favorites...I got to see Joy's entry! Lots of the entries featured Peapod the Squirrel!!

viola (sissly4)

Jan-25

Thank you for showing all the quilts at the show.I made the flying geese pattern in circle also.Will show it at the retreat.

Oh, thanks for sharing.  I remember seeing that elephant at Houston (I think it was the same - have to go through my pics) but none of the others.  Usually there are overlaps.  Some beautiful quilts.

I like the 15 Warthogs!  They look so aboriginal.  

My other favorite is "Away" by Karen K. Stone.  

The main sense I get from this group of quilts is that the colors are more muted than quilts I have been seeing at the Dallas show for the last few years.  There are so many Kaffe Fassett quilts and Tula Pink quilts - which I *love* - but maybe neutrals are having a resurgence of popularity.  

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jan-26

Thanks for the link.  There was such a variety of quilts.  Some I liked and some I didn't really care for.  Think how boring it would be if we all liked the same thing.  Certainly some inspiration there.

CC (ccase5)

Jan-29

I just looked at all the lovely quilts that won ribbons in your link. Tons of beauty there. Thanks so much. Sending this link to my friend in England so she can see them too.