Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Coffee Talk - General Chit Chat    Off-Topic Chat

Started Feb-2 by Misha (MISHAMISHA); 15371 views.
judyinohio

Feb-28

Congratulations, Marcia!  I'm so happy to read that you have a new four-legged girl at your house because I know that your home has always been a happy place for furchildren.

What's her name?  Do we get to see a photo?

Who are your fav narrators? I love Davina Porter, Lorelei King, Jim Dale, Susan Ericksen...

5dogmom (CRISR5)

Feb-28

Blessings be upon you for adopting a rescue dog!  All of ours have been rescue, the most recent two from the shelter.

I'm sure the new member of your family is eager to learn what you want to teach her.  It will all come together.

Again, I'm glad for you and the newbie girl!

Cris in MT

bornblesse2

Feb-28

Interesting to talk about voices.  They really can make or break something.  On our last driving trip to Houston, Hubby has some podcasts that he was listening to, and I COULD NOT stand the one guys voice.  The tone just grated on my nerves!  And then he spoke so fast I got seasick trying to keep up with him!   It set my nerves on end!  
lol, I put on my headphones, but could still hear him!  Sigh....

good news?  I’m still married to Hubby!  Lol.....

Jim Dale is amazing.  I commented to my daughter what a good job he did on Harry Potter.  She looked confused and said, that wasn't just one person, was it?  She absolutely was convinced it was multiple people.  He really did an amazing job keeping track of how each character sounded, all the way through that massive series.  Certainly deserved all the awards he won.

Barbara Caruso did a similar job with the Anne of Green Gables books.

Frederick Davidson is amazing for Charles Dickens and others.  An interesting fact, he also narrated under the name David Case.  Drove me crazy for a while until I looked him up, yes same guy.  

Just finished watching Bleak House by Charles Dickens on Britbox.  Would be amazing to hear it read!  Will look up Frederick Davidson for sure.  Does he have a British accent ?

I'm currently listening to novels by Ruth Rendell.  She's a British author and among other things, writes detective novels featuring Inspector Wexford.  I've read most of her books, and a while back watched a series of adaptations of her books on Vermont PBS.

Mishii

Feb-28

I was seriously addicted to audio books for a long while.  I love being able to multi task while reading.

I got a bit bored with them and switched to podcasts and now I have hours and hours of podcasts backed up.  I actually really enjoy my commute as I have lots of time to listen.  Technology is awesome.

LOL!!! I've done that before too. I hear someone and am like..."this sounds just like Susan Ericksen!" and I hunt it down and...what do you know?! It is!

Oh "Bleak House" is my ALL TIME favorite audio book & Dickens novel.  I never would have read it (very long), but I adore the audio book.  Yes, Fredrick Davidson narrates and does a wonderful job.  Like many Dickens books it does start slow, lots and lots of twists and turns, lots of  strange characters.  But for some reason I fell in love with it.  Though I recently listened to "Our Mutual Friend" and it is a close second.  Highly recommend it as well.

A recent discovery, Where the crawdads sing.