Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Coffee Talk - General Chit Chat    Off-Topic Chat

Started Feb-2 by Misha (MISHAMISHA); 15317 views.
GingerbreadG

Mar-15

Hi Judy!

You are correct!  I was the oldest of 5 kids so not much got tossed out!  My mind is  finally wrapped around the "less is more" theory!  Also it's calming to not have so much around me.  I've been ironing, folding, measuring and wrapping so much fabric.  I'm exhausted....but getting happier!  I have also realized that my stash will outlive me by a long shot if I don't keep moving along!  My daughter is much more organized and doesn't want ALL of my stuff when I go.  (My BFF has also told her she is getting all of HER stuff too since her daughter doesn't sew!!)  My daughter told us we better keep sewing!!  Haha!  I'll keep on keeping on!! 

Hugs,

Gail

GingerbreadG

Mar-15

nothing like a red headed temper tantrum!!  I've given out more than I can count!!  haha!! 

hug,

G

judyinohio

Mar-15

And the worst thing about that furnace blower motor episode was that one of the terminals on it was broken off so it was truly useless.

It was a ten or fifteen pound piece of utter junk: I was fit to be tied and DH knew it. Sometimes a very intelligent person can lack common sense but give him credit, he has never pulled a stunt like that again. The wrath of Judy is a fearsome thing.  LOL

Hellooooooo out there!  

Need to wake this thread up.

Happy St. Pat's day. 

I forgot all about it, today is 1 month since my company filed chapter 11, that's all we're thinking about around here.  Good grief, longest month of my life.

bornblesse2

Mar-17

Happy St. Patty’s day Dee!

i have been busy binding a quilt and doing inventory on more books for Africa!  The Houston project has not ended...sigh.  I am ready to get it done.

saturday we finished the paper inventory entries.  Only to be approached on Sunday that the books sitting at our church to eventually go, need to go ASAP.  We need 2 containers to ship everything because of weight.  So, our need to get there.  So after several hours today we are half way.  Tomorrow we finish up and meet with our man to get them shipped!  I want this done....

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Mar-17

Still working on my heritage scrapbooks ... now it's Tom's maternal grandparents.   His grandmother, who died before he was born so he never knew her, was heavily involved in the local theatrical/entertainment scene.  She did a LOT of plays and singing engagements, often on radio stations in the 1930s.  I have a number of theatrical publicity stills of her and newspaper articles.  I found the *perfect* background paper for this but only had a few pieces.  Fortunately, I was able to find it online and am waiting for it to arrive so I can continue.  In the meantime, I'm using blank pages as placeholders so I can at least place the photos, etc and get the items out of the loose pile.

And alternating my time with working on my Hawaiian Applique blocks.  I have a decision to make pretty soon about these blocks.  There are only (12) 12" blocks.  Even with borders, that won't make a very big quilt .. maybe a personal sized throw.  Do I want to leave it at that?  If I want to make it at least a twin size, I'll need to make more blocks.   That isn't a problem, as I do have more images and more batiks .... but it will necessitate more time.  But that really isn't a problem either. 

OTOH, I have another Forever Project already lined up.  It's an applique kit that I picked up at a show last year.  It's blocks of absolutely adorable chickens.  The Applique fabric is included in the kit   Right now, I don't remember if the background fabric is included or not.   However, the kit is not where I remember last seeing it .. so maybe THAT will be my next project ... rediscovering the hiding place where I put it!  :-)

bornblesse2

Mar-17

Oh those dreaded hiding places!

Mishii

Mar-17

My life is being consumed by Covid-19.  All day, every day.  Not enough nurses? Check.  Not enough PPE? Check.  Too many therapists? Check.  Patients/staff freaking out? Check  Not enough hours in the day? Check. Check. Check.

Self isolate people.  STAY AT HOME.  Argh

Good news is, I got my glide foot.  If I ever get a minute I'm going to quilt something so much better than Patty it will bring tears to her eyes!

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Mar-17

Mishii said:

If I ever get a minute I'm going to quilt something so much better than Patty it will bring tears to her eyes!

Now, now.   It's not a competition.   There's enough glory to go around for everyone. :-)

Mishii said...

My life is being consumed by Covid-19.  All day, every day.  Not enough nurses? Check.  Not enough PPE? Check.  Too many therapists? Check.  Patients/staff freaking out? Check  Not enough hours in the day? Check. Check. Check.

Self isolate people.  STAY AT HOME.  Argh

I completely agree. The "no family" should make it easier, but I'm still running like a crazy chicken at work. Ugh!!