Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Coffee Talk - General Chit Chat    Off-Topic Chat

Started 2/2/20 by Misha (MISHAMISHA); 22125 views.
Midkid5

Jun-16

No, he's been a bachelor for quite a few years.  My mom has done the patching for a number of my siblings but she is 89, so lack of strength and arthritis in her hands she can no longer do did.  

Jo

Judy (DJZMOM)

Jun-19

Midkid5 said...

I need to send him a seam ripper as he used a hunting knife to undo the stitches where he caught in a fold on the pair of jeans he patched.

Oh my!  I hope he didn't cut into the jean fabric!!  Yes, a stitch ripper might be a safer tool for him to use.  

Judy (DJZMOM)

Jun-19

Sandy in TX (Centergranny) said...

My grandson (10) uses the Centennial FW I am saving for him. He said he would teach his wife to sew..... Ha, in several years. Lol

hahahahaha

tuckyquilter

Jun-20

Know what I would like?   A special channel like Facebook that was ONLY Quilting chat, Quilting Groups, Video Tutorials, Live Video Chat at all times, No Ads in the feed and picture albums by the thousands - all in one place..  LOL   and then I woke up from that very lovely dream.. sigh.. maybe someday.   A quilter can dream.

That would be nice. I have tried locating channels on youtube with mixed success. I will fine something i like but then cannot seem to finr it later

tuckyquilter

Jun-24

I subscribe to the channel when I find something I like now, and might like later.  If for no other reason than a refresher in some technique.. like microwave cozies.  Or dog bone neck pillows.  Both of which I make from time to time.  Makes it somewhat easier.

In reply toRe: msg 440
Midkid5

Jul-8

I have been seeing strawberry short cake recipes on several blogs lately so I'm curious do you enjoy true strawberry shortcake?

I have only had it once when a friend from MI served it to us.  DH made a negative remark about the cake on the way home, explained that was real shortcake.  In my neck of the wood angel food cake is the cake of choice for strawberry shortcake.

Jo

I've had it with angel food but I prefer it with pound cake which is denser.  

5dogmom (CRISR5)

Jul-8

My sweetie makes the cake part from Bisquick.

Cris in MT

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Jul-8

I've had it with Angel food cake and pound cake.  My *Mom* always made the "shortbread" part as Bisquik biscuit dough ... humungeous, individual portion, round biscuits, split in half and layered with sliced strawberries and whipped cream.  Oh. My. Goodness.   Lordy, that was tasty.

Honestly, I wouldn't turn down any presentation.  :-)