Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Coffee Talk - General Chit Chat    Off-Topic Chat

Started 2/2/20 by Misha (MISHAMISHA); 49868 views.
Midkid5

7/13/20

So have you ever had fried oatmeal?

Jo

latterberry

7/14/20

Good for you.  Sadly, I'm a bit of a picky eater, but I did grow up with my mom frying leftover noodles and adding egg to scramble when it was about done.  Food was not wasted at our house.

I'm not too adventuresome. LOL!!! I do like to taste new things, but I find my palette to be quite picky. :P 

LABFIEND

7/14/20

Cold pizza for breakfast! The best!!

Suze (casuzenn)

7/14/20

ooh..that does sound tasty! 

Suze (casuzenn)

7/14/20

I imagine fried oatmeal would taste kinda like an oatmeal cookie....

Hmm, have not had fried oatmeal or baked oatmeal, but both sound interesting.  I like grits and fried grits (kinda like polenta).  

tuckyquilter

7/14/20

I should have credited the chef.. I think it was Susan Feniger from an old TV cooking show called "Two Hot Tamales".  I think their eatery is still in business down in Los Angeles.  

tuckyquilter

7/14/20

Not yet -  but as soon as I saw your post I looked up a recipe.  I see that it's FRIED.. Now that means crunchy and tasty. Next time I have oatmeal I'll make extra and give it a whirl.

Suze (casuzenn)

7/14/20

oh yeah...love both of those...but unfortunately...neither oatmeal or cornmeal are on my diet...so will have to remember them from the past ( one of my very favoritest foods is corn fritters with maple syrup...o.m.g...those are tasty morsels...and I have not found ANYTHING close on the grain free diet I am on...sigh) I adore the flavor of corn....