Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Coffee Talk - General Chit Chat    Off-Topic Chat

Started 2/2/20 by Misha (MISHAMISHA); 47989 views.
Mishii

7/22/20

Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3) said:

Curious did your larger ones dogs any problems with the wood look ceramic? 

None at all.  They aren't slick tile....there is a bit of texture to them.  Not so much to trap dirt, but even wet they weren't slippery.  Or maybe my dogs were so old that they didn't walk fast enough to slip.  One time my cow walked in and her hind legs slipped and she fell down.  On the bright side, another time Pita intentionally walked the cow through the house as a shortcut and she pooped.  Very easy clean up for him.  Days of bitching by me.  Not sure if it was enough of a time saver for him to be worth it.  But another mark in the durability of the floor column!

Moral of the story:  Don't let your cow walk on your tile floors, it is difficult for them. Dogs seem to be ok.

Suze (casuzenn)

7/23/20

Mishii said:

Moral of the story:  Don't let your cow walk on your tile floors, it is difficult for them. Dogs seem to be ok.

hahahahahaha

LABFIEND

7/23/20

Mishii said:

On the bright side, another time Pita intentionally walked the cow through the house as a shortcut and she pooped. 

OMG I fell off my chair laughing.  Unfortunately, I can see myself doing that!!  The horse almost walked into the house one time, you leave a doot open and he was game to see what was on the other side.  I did use to bring in the baby sheep to warm them up, not as messy as a large cow!!

I once walked my horse thru my parents bedroom, in the hall door out the glass door. Sure got their attention.

Mishii

7/23/20

LABFIEND said:

you leave a door open and he was game to see what was on the other side. 

Yes you had to be careful.  We would leave our front door open all the time and they just HAD to check it out.  I might be keeping hay or some other goodies in my living room ya know!  Nothing more fun than turning a corner and a cow is standing there.  You jump and yell AHHH and she calmly looks at you and says, moo.

tuckyquilter

7/23/20

Is there a way to just post something new on this thread without having to reply to another post?   Just wondering.

Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3)

7/23/20

you still have to reply to a post, but you can change the To to say All instead of the last person.  You'll have to put a space after the All because of Allie576 (or something) smiley

Mishii said:

Thanks for the laugh!
I needed it, had to have FD out at 2:30 this am DH fell again and I can’t get him up any more.   But we have carpet, so he just has matching rug burns. 

LABFIEND

7/23/20

And if you reply to a post you made, it defaults to ALL.