Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Comfy chair for Ranger   Off-Topic Chat

Started Feb-4 by Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3); 556 views.

I had recently commented to Judy K that Ranger has been very unhappy with me not sewing.  I got to thinking why would he care that I wasn't ever in my sewing room.  Yes I brush him for a few minutes most nights, but I didn't ever sit and cuddle with him.  What else could it be?  Perhaps he just enjoys keeping me company, I certainly enjoy him.  My home office (where I spend most evenings these days) is next to our kitchen, not a comfortable place for a cat to rest.  So I got an extra chair & quilt out of Dd's room.  And it worked.  I didn't even have to show him, he found it within just a few minutes.  And now I have company.

judyinohio

Feb-4

heart_eyes_cat

kissing_cat

What a good "hooman" you are for your kitty!  I'm so glad that you figured out what the little guy needs.

• Edited February 4, 2020 9:42 pm  by  judyinohio
bornblesse2

Feb-4

He wanted his own quilting chair!  Well duh mom!  
lol, and we wonder why we don’t figure these things out sooner.

all thanks to you Judy.  I just thought it was more cat weirdness.  You helped me figure out what he wanted.  Of course it doesn't hurt that there is a space heater next to the chair.  That and the quilt/chair smell like my daughter's cat.  He's gotten pretty attached to Auntie when she stayed with us for 2 weeks.  She was here again this weekend and he followed her the whole time.  She doesn't appreciate it much, but he is very intrigued by her.

true.  He kept trying to trip me, and when I'd walk back to the sewing room he'd come dashing like I was putting down his favorite food.  I kept telling him I wanted to be in there as much as he wanted me to but he didn't believe me.relaxed

bornblesse2

Feb-4

Lol, sometimes cats - even dogs- like to try to entice those NOT interested.  Maybe they think they are playing hard to get?.....

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Feb-4

Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3) said:

Of course it doesn't hurt that there is a space heater next to the chair. 

and THAT is the real reason.  :-)

Whaaat!  You don't think it's the Warmth of my company?  wink

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Feb-4

Dee.

Dee, Dee, Dee.

This is a CAT that we are talking about.   Get real. :-)