Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

When Would You Like to Live Chat? Choose Day of Week, Add Time in Comments   Off-Topic Chat

Started Feb-5 by Misha (MISHAMISHA); 2439 views.
Misha (MISHAMISHA)

Poll Question From Misha (MISHAMISHA)

Feb-5

When Would You Like to Live Chat? Choose Day of Week, Add Time in Comments
  • Monday/Tuesday1  vote
    25%
  • Wednesday/Thursday0  votes
    0%
  • Friday0  votes
    0%
  • Saturday2  votes
    50%
  • Sunday1  vote
    25%
Monday/Tuesday 
Wednesday/Thursday 
Friday 
Saturday 
Sunday 
In reply toRe: msg 1
Misha (MISHAMISHA)

Feb-5

Just doing this out of curiosity. Some may not even realize we have a Chat Room (for live chat). The poll options were very limited, so I had to combine some days of the week. You can comment to add more info like what time, mornings/afternoons/evenings and please indicate what time zone you're in! I thought if we had an idea of when people are most likely available we might have more use of the feature. 

Edited to add link: Scrappy Quilts Chat

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Feb-5

OK, for me, it doesn't matter what day of the week .. I'm easy and can adapt my schedule to participate on whatever day is voted the most popular.  Ditto with the time .. afternoons vs evenings.  I can go with whatever the majority likes, as I don't have anything permanently scheduled.

If a live chat does get scheduled for a definite timeframe and duration, I will certainly try to participate.  :-)

Not on the weekend as we are pretty busy then. Mon thru Friday all work for me and afternoons are best for me. I am in mountain time.

Mishii

Feb-5

I work so M-F afternoons are out for me.  But I can do any evening and I don't do anything unless I have to on the weekends.

MarciainMD

Feb-6

I voted for Saturday afternoon but I know some people are busy on the weekends.  So, as long as it isn't in the evenings I'll try to drop in when I can.

Misha (MISHAMISHA)

Feb-7

Suze, thanks for pointing out there were 2 threads...I was having trouble posting originally and thought it hadn't worked! I deleted the extra one.

All: some can do evenings, some can't. Some want weekdays, some weekends. Let's try to do a chat tonight (Friday) and another Saturday during the day and see how that goes. Once people start using it I suspect they'll drop in at other times. When you look at the main page (we have a main page??!!*) you can see how many are in the chat room. Or even if it's empty, pop in and wait awhile, you never know who might show up!

I'm going to be out and about today and am not sure what time I'll get my internet access back, but will try to log in by maybe 5 or 6 Pacific and will wait to see if anyone's around. 

Saturday I'm not even sure if we need to set a time, but I'll keep an eye out for any visitors. Maybe 11am Pacific?? Maybe earlier/later?? 

*for Mishi ;)

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Feb-7

Pirate (PIRATE_SR) said:

OK, for me, it doesn't matter what day of the week .. I'm easy and can adapt my schedule to participate on whatever day is voted the most popular.  Ditto with the time .. afternoons vs evenings.  I can go with whatever the majority likes, as I don't have anything permanently scheduled. If a live chat does get scheduled for a definite timeframe and duration, I will certainly try to participate.  :-)

What she said.  

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Feb-7

All righty ... I'm on the road this weekend, attending a quilt show nearby.  And I'm going to meet up with CozyQuilts (Donna Coppin) at the show!!

But, I'll be bringing my laptop with me so I will try to connect tonight (Friday).  I don't know what my internet access will be like so I might not be able to be there.

I won't be online at all on Saturday daytime, as I will be at the show and then a full day of places to go, people to annoy. :-)

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Feb-7

As you observed, initially, I think participation will be sporadic simply because it's new.  BUT, if we can have a *scheduled* day/time that people can count on and put it on their calendar, I think participation will get better.