Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

"Chocolate for the Soul" wall-hanging   Show and Tell

Started Feb-12 by Pirate (PIRATE_SR); 318 views.
Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Feb-12

I embroidered this wall-hanging some time ago but I can't remember when and I find that I didn't take any notes on it.  Shame on me.

However, since it's not on my badly-neglected website (which stops at 2015), I can assume it was sometime after 2015.  I do seem to remember working on it "recently", so I'm gonna say perhaps it was in 2018.  But, I just did the embroidery, the piecing and sandwiching of the top.  And there it sat "to rest".  It's very small ... 14"x17" .. and I didn't want to load it on my longarm.  BUT, although I can do a decent job, I'm not all that thrilled with quilting on my sewing machine ... even something as small as this.

Well, I've been assembling stuff for the forum's Quilting Retreat this weekend and the handwork that I would normally be working on whilst watching TV is packed away.  Truthfully, I really do get antsy if I'm not doing SOMETHING else when the TV is on.  I spied this sandwiched project and hauled it out.  It didn't take me very long to finish the quilting.  I stitched in the ditch around all the embroidery.  Clamshells/peacock feathers were done in the background.  I did one of my all-time favorite designs, 45° Wrought Iron from Darlene Epp in the pink sashing. Piano keys/beadboard was done in the black border.

The pattern is "Chocolate for the Soul" (Cupcake Stitchery #508) by Lady Bug Lace - a Design Company and is designed by Rita Traxler and Debbie Holland.  Their website is no longer in existence and I can't find any reference to them at all on the web.  If you are interested in the pattern, contact me and I will give you their phone and street address so you can contact them directly.

bornblesse2

Feb-16

This was stunning to see in person.

Mishii

Feb-16

I love the border on this.  It is so cute.