Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Good news for Houston trip   Off-Topic Chat

Started 2/17/20 by bornblesse2; 744 views.
bornblesse2

2/17/20

This is definitely off topic from quilting.  But I posted earlier this month about our Houston adventures with books.  So, this is on that topic!

Lol - don’t read if not interested in My adventures with books!

Trip #2 is planned to Houston to finish inventory of way more books than we did the first trip.  DH and I have tickets for the first week of March to return.  We had 2 locals that we hoped to bring along.  One had to drop out for family issues.  The other was on board, then backed, out but is now on board to go along.

bUT, the real excitement is that while chatting with a quilt friend today about the adventures, she expressed interest and asked many questions.  I told her to think about it and let me know if she had more questions or interest.

1 hour after getting home she texted me that she is GOING along!  She is now getting her ticket!  I am so excited that in 1/2 of a day she would get on board and go along!

we will get this job done yet!  Yippee

LABFIEND

2/17/20

So glad you are getting help!!

I thought it was YOU who was going with her.  Didn't you consider going down there to help?  Or did I just dream that?  Oh, don't mind me.  My mind is a thousand miles away, with all this house stuff.  LOL  

LABFIEND

2/18/20

I CONSIDERED it, but decided it  would be pushing my luck!  So i am glad she got help!!

bornblesse2

2/18/20

Me too!  The help is gonna get us through this project.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

2/22/20

Glad you will have some help.  Surprised that none is coming from the churches in Houston.  Have they asked for help?

bornblesse2

2/22/20

I hear they are putting out notices.  So we will see when we get there.....

Cathy (cacnurse1)

2/22/20

bornblesse2 said:

So we will see when we get there...

When are you flying out?

bornblesse2

2/22/20

On Saturday....be gone 8 days.  Back in time to hit the ground running for a week of classes.  

Cathy (cacnurse1)

2/22/20

Will you be going to the quilt show or are you working, packing, etc?  Hope you can get it all done.