Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

vintage Singer   Off-Topic Chat

Started Feb-26 by latterberry; 1341 views.
latterberry

Feb-26

I decided to get a couple of my vintage Singers out to play for a bit and am having fun with them.  This is a Singer 27 made in 1910 that I got at a thrift store for about $15.  Decals are in rough Imageshape but she makes a sweet straight stitch.  Looks like whoever had her before me did some rewiring and added a light.  

judyinohio

Feb-26

Lynne, did you mean to attach a photo of your Singer 27 ? 

We see the word "Image" but there is no photo.

Suze (casuzenn)

Feb-26

I see the image, Judy...very pretty red hst quilt on her machine...

lavenderloco

Feb-26

I only see the word image within a rectangle, also.

Donna in Oklahoma 

latterberry

Feb-26

hmmm...  I did a copy and paste (the only way I know how with my phone)  I wonder why some can see it and some don't?  I'll try again. And I missed a digit on the serial number and it is a 15.  

I'll try again later.

judyinohio

Feb-26

Lynne has given us a real puzzler today, hasn't she?  I even did a switcheroo and changed my Preferences from Zeta to Classic to see if that made a difference and it did not.

Oh, well, I guess Lynne's pretty Singer will remain an elusive mystery to some of us. disappointed

Suze (casuzenn)

Feb-26

it does not have the right tensioner to be a 15....on the 15, the tensioner sticks out the faceplate - yours shows its on the body... looks more like a 99 if its little or a 66 if its big - to me... what does the bobbin look like? 

bornblesse2

Feb-26

Hummm......I don’t see a picture either.

its a mystery.

latterberry

Feb-27

You know--you are right.  I was just going by the chart on ISMACs that identifies machines by serial number.  I may need to do some further investigating. The bobbin is not like a 15, but like a 66.  At first I thought it was a 27 until I looked at the chart.

Suze (casuzenn)

Feb-27

its a nice machine no matter WHAT it turns out to be...I just love the stitches on the old gals...