Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

vintage Singer   Off-Topic Chat

Started Feb-26 by latterberry; 2014 views.

You have inspired me. I need to sew a bitwith my fw.

latterberry

Mar-4

They are fun to play with,

I have problems with the foot pedal, that little button runs away from me.  I Know I can get a different foot pedal, I just haven't done it.

latterberry

Mar-5

I had to replace a foot pedal on my 15 which is the same a the 21.   got one from amazon for about $20 and it works just fine

Samsmom94

Mar-5

Lynn I know very little about the 206/306/319 machines. They use the 206x13 needle which is available only in sizes 12 and 14 currently. There are people who have altered the bobbin case so that a normal 15x1 needle can be used but it's a hotly debated topic. I *think* all 3 models use the rotary size L bobbins. And that's about all I know about them.

Cari

latterberry

Mar-6

Thanks.  I'd say you know quite a bit about them.  I think it is one of the machines I would like to get rid of. 

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Mar-6

Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3) said:

I have problems with the foot pedal, that little button runs away from me.

I have that foot also and have to sew w/o a shoe on.   My big toe operates the foot pedal.

Samsmom94

Mar-9

I've never had one of them in front of me so I only know what I've read from people who do have them. They definitely have a following. I do have a few Singers that I use on occasion but mostly I use my Japanese machines. The Singers I use are a featherweight and my beat up tan 301. I also have a 201-2 that was my first Singer, a 630, a 99 and a black 301. This 301 is a fairly valuable one I found in a thrift store. It's in almost pristine condition and has a serial number that puts it half way through the very first production run. I don't use it much, not because of its value but because I just can't seem to bond with it like I have with my tan one. Funny how we do that with certain machines.

Cari

Nyla my white FEATHERWEIGHT arrived this evening. My husband is looking forward to learning about it! Thank you very much.  

latterberry

Mar-11

Go to The Featherweight Shop   https://singer-featherweight.com/    

Great place for all sorts of info--learning videos and parts etc,,