Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

marshalls dry goods   General Discussion

Started Feb-28 by mandyrosepa; 1399 views.
mandyrosepa

Feb-28

dose anyone else get the emails from mdg they tease me a couple times a week LOL love the calico prints but prints are the last thing i need,I need blenders/tonals and was wondering if anybody bought the flat fold bundles I think you get 6 yrds of 7colors ?? has anybody order and what do you think of them? thanks have a good day

judyinohio

Feb-28

Never heard of Marshall's Dry Goods and I have been making quilts since 1993.  Guess I have been hiding under a rock here in Ohio.

I went to Marshall's Dry Goods website and poked around a little bit and I'm very, very glad I am not on their mailing list.  LOL  I get in enough trouble using Ohio websites like The Door Mouse and Fabric Shack.  LOL

Mishii

Feb-28

I've ordered from them and was very pleased with the quality, service, and price.

viola (sissly4)

Feb-29

The only thing I get from Marshalls dry good is the batting.Their is 30yds on the roll.I get two roll at a time.It is 80/20.I love it.My friend has order the bundles.She was happy with it.

mandyrosepa

Feb-29

thanks thats good to know,i wasn't aware they also sold batting,im out of that too i just look at the fabric they send in the emails 

In reply toRe: msg 3
mandyrosepa

Feb-29

thanks for your reply,mishii

mandyrosepa

Feb-29

LOL! judy maybe thats a good thing i do love their calico prints OH HECK i love it all

Mishii

Feb-29

I hate piecing backings and they have really good prices on 108" fabric.  I haven't looked there in a while, but I just did and I think I'm about to spend a lot of money.

Bad influence you are.

In reply toRe: msg 8
mandyrosepa

Mar-1

I hate piecing the backing too. 

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Mar-1

Mishii said:

I hate piecing backings

I'm about to piece 3 backings.  I do have some 108" in my stash but they won't do for these particular quilts.unamused