Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

2019 quilt show in Georgetown, CA   Show and Tell

Started Feb-29 by Pirate (PIRATE_SR); 291 views.
Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Feb-29

When I go to quilt shows these days, I find myself looking more at the quilting than the pattern or the piecing.  I've really reduced the number of pictures I take because I realize that I simply am NOT going to rush right home and replicate the quilts at the show.   The photos I take these days are more for quilting inspiration.  Having said that, I still take pictures of the quilts that impress me the most for one reason or another.

This show was from September 2019.  Georgetown, CA is a TINY little mountain town, way out in the middle of absolutely nowhere.  But that nowhere is absolutely beautiful mountains and trees.  However, you really want to go there because it's not on anyone's regularly traveled path.  :-)

They do have a quilting group .. or guild; I'm not sure.  For this show, they took over the small civic park and had a simply lovely outdoor show.  In the Sisters, OR tradition, many businesses in town also had quilts displayed from their balconies and railings.  Unlike Sisters, Georgetown is the sort of town that, if you blink, you'll miss it, even when you are standing in the middle of town.  When I say it's a small town ... I really mean a SMALL town.  :-)

The quilting talent, on the other hand, is HUGE.  I am continually amazed at the sheer amount of talent shown at every quilt show I've been to, whether it be large or small. 

I took a limited number of photos and I'm going to post them individually in subsequent messages, rather than put all of them inline to this post.  I've kept some of the photos *large* just so you can appreciate the detail.  You may need to click on the photo to get the full size.

In reply toRe: msg 3
Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Feb-29

This is a detail of the quilting of the previous full-size photo.

In reply toRe: msg 6
Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Feb-29

This is one of the quilt hanging from a hotel/bar in town.  I've left it big to give you a flavor of the town.

Suze (casuzenn)

Feb-29

nice shots here too

ps...clicking on the pictures does absolutely nothing...at least in Zeta mode...

LindaPutt

Feb-29

There were some wonderful looking quilts at the show - some amazing quilting too.  Thanks for sharing the pictures.