Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Book Club!   Off-Topic Chat

Started Mar-2 by Mel Harris (MelHarris1); 5606 views.
bornblesse2

Jun-29

I just watched a very good moving “waiting for Anya”.

anybody else seen it? Based on a true story.  I may have to goggle and see if it is based on a book.

In reply toRe: msg 87
Suze (casuzenn)

Jul-16

a cute tale by JK Rowling, of Harry Potter fame...

https://www.theickabog.com/read-the-story/ 

don't know how much longer it will stay posted, so if you are interested, read it quick!

Midkid5

Jul-17

Suze,

Tonight,  I thank you for this as a major thunderstorms going thru our area it gave me something to do... I Really dislike thunder and lightening.

Last night,well let's just say no sewing got done, but I did enjoy the story.

Jo

Suze (casuzenn)

Jul-18

it is a cute story...glad you enjoyed it.

tuckyquilter

Jul-18

Wow, that looks like a good deal for kids right now.  I passed it on to my grandkid and my sewing student, Sophia.  Sophia (10) has read all the Harry Potter books and loves reading.  

When I was 10, I was gobbling all the Trixie Belden, Nancy Drew, and Hardy Boys books I could find!

Suze (casuzenn)

Jul-21

oh yes...and The Bobbsey Twins, and Tom Swift....

tuckyquilter

Jul-22

I'm sending all the Nancy Drew Mysteries to my local grand-daughter and the C.S. Lewis Chronicles of Narnia to my sewing student who loves stuff like that. 

My OH grandkids aren't encouraged to read all that much.  They are allowed to spend time on ipads playing games.  My son should know better.

my now 23 year old has the tv on while playing computer and READING on his phone.  serious concentration issues.  So glad he won't ever be my employee.  If he has to just sit still at any time, he falls asleep.  How is he going to deal with a job once he's out of grad school, I have no idea.