Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Okay, I'm a homeowner!   Off-Topic Chat

Started Mar-5 by JulietDeltaOscar (fixin2quilt); 2824 views.

All of you on FB already know this.  I am just back from SA after the closing, and getting some electrical work done and electrical service started.  Several little items will be fixed by my handyman while I am back here packing.  And my sister and I are putting our heads together on yard clean-up and maintenance.  Weather was too miserably cold and rainy during this trip to do anything.  I have a lot to learn about plant maintenance.  Seller planted things in EVERY kind of container.  But I won't be back down there for a while.  Much packing to do.  

In reply toRe: msg 1

This is my new sewing room - formerly the master bedroom.  

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Mar-5

JulietDeltaOscar (fixin2quilt) said:

I have a lot to learn about plant maintenance

I can tell you with 100% complete confidence and assurance that if you do not water your plants they will die.  As in, they won't survive.  They will be ex-plants.  :-)

Thus is the extent of my knowledge of having live plants.  I suggest silk ones for maintenance-free enjoyment.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Mar-5

GOOD DEAL!!   taking over the master bedroom, which typically has the MOST room!!    Who needs a humungous room when all you're gonna do is sleep in it?  

Is that a carpet or hard flooring?  If carpet .. and your budget allows ... think about replacing it with some sort of hard flooring.  MUCH easier to keep clean of threads, etc.   Dropped pins and needles won't stick *up* as they do when they hit carpet.    Voice of experience here.

That is the best carpet in the house.  The carpet in the other rooms really needs replaced (including what Mishii calls the "murder carpet", but this one is in pretty good shape.  Thus, I am loathe to replace it just yet.  And budget-wise, it may be a while before I can replace any of it.  When I do, the kitchen flooring (which has had some water damage and resulting shrinkage) will be next to be replaced.  I hope to replace it with that tile stuff that looks like wood. 

W/R/T the other bedrooms with carpet that needs to be replaced, perhaps the "murder carpet" will be next.    

Mishii

Mar-5

So much room!  You aren't going to know what to do with yourself.

Mishii

Mar-5

JulietDeltaOscar (fixin2quilt) said:

replaced, perhaps the "murder carpet" will be next. 

Nooooo!  Best one in the whole house.  That needs to be the guest room!

Given the age of the house, I assumed wood floors.  Any possibility of refinishing vs replacing carpet?

LindaPutt

Mar-5

So happy for you.  Congrats!

LindaPutt

Mar-5

We replaced the floors in our house using Empire - they finance so we only paid a monthly amount for a year with no interest.  They did a great job and I'm happy to recommend them.  I love my floors - I got gray laminate in most of the house and tile in the laundry room and bathrooms.  Money might be tight since you're paying all of your purchase costs right now, but it could be an idea you file away for the future.

Sounds like the start of a great new chapter for you. I am so excited for you.