Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

How do I delete old pictures?   General Discussion

Started Mar-12 by sueinIL; 821 views.
sueinIL

Mar-12

I was trying to post a picture of the finished book quilt, but I'm told I have exceeded my allotment for attachments.  How do I delete those and create more space?

Sue in IL

CC (ccase5)

Mar-12

I think you still go to My Forums in upper right. then to Attachments, it shows a Pie chart with how much room you have and earlier posts with photos in them. you go to each post, edit and remove photo. then back to page with pie chart and do again if photos in several posts. slow but sure, it gets it done. good luck.
sueinIL

Mar-12

Thank you!  I don't think I have done that before.  Given how difficult it is for me to attach pictures, I wouldn't have thought I'd use up all my space.  Must go back a few years.  I appreciate your help.

Sue in IL

Suze (casuzenn)

Mar-12

copy and paste your photos in...it does not count against your picture total...

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Mar-12

Sue, I'm not sure if you're using a Mac or a PC ... or if the forum screens are different between them, but here's the icon to #### a photo with a PC:

this shows up when you hit the "reply" button.  Click on the highlighted computer screen and you'll get the drop down menu. Click on the source of your photo ... mine are almost always on my computer, so I click on the "from my computer" choice.   Then you'll get a directory screen that you can move around to find the exact photo/image that you want to ####.   

Oh .. and where ever your cursor is on the reply screen is where the photo will show up.

Suze (casuzenn)

Mar-12

oooh...did not know that...thanks!

CC (ccase5)

Mar-12

I've never mastered the copy paste thing in forums. i can do it into my MS Word program but online, nope.
sueinIL

Mar-12

Thank you!  I'm going to print your instructions so I can follow them tomorrow. In a way, it will be fun to look back at all the pictures I've posted. I have pictures on my kindle, too, but the cloud they're on never fills up.

Sue in IL

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Mar-12

I have NO idea why the forum decided to replace the word "e-m-b-e-d" with ####s.  

sueinIL

Mar-13

Hmmmm.  Will that work if I have just the "basic" membership here?

Sue in IL