Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Inspiration and Eye Candy   General Discussion

Started Mar-19 by Ami_Quilts (sewingupasto); 1029 views.

I thought I would share some things I find out there on the internet as we are spending more time in our homes during this time. I love to look out on Pinterest and am just gobsmacked by the amount of inspiration and eye candy on any topic you can imagine. Since we are quilters lets keep this to quilting related.

Last week I found a really cool quilt so clicked on the source a blog called blog.mybearpaw.com so if you put that in Jo Avery's blog comes up. Wow I can spend the next few weeks just reading her blog and looking at her truly beautiful improv style quilts. I know it is not everyone's cup of tea but it is for me and quite a few out there on the forum.

So if you find a really cool quilting blog share with the rest of us.

Most of my stash is in Colorado and I am in New Mexico till things change. I do have fabric though, a huge bin of scraps and a bin brimming with my handyed fabrics. I did bring the carpenter wheel I started at the retreat down here so will work on that first as well as the t-shirt quilt from retreat.

Hopefully others will share some great sites for inspiration.

Enjoy!

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Mar-25

That is AWESOME!  Gotta make hay while the sun shines!

judyinohio

Mar-25

It not only made me laugh, I had to buy that pattern. Plus another one on the same page. 

MarciainMD said:

This isn't a blog but I thought the photo was worth sharing right now. I hope it makes you laugh.

Marcia that is great! Just makes me wonder............was this designed before the toilet paper shortage? Inquiring minds want to know. If it was just designed someone must be really fast to get that made and published. True story...........went to senior hours at the grocery store and could not believe my eyes that they had toilet paper so I scored a pack of Charmin. We were not able to get our usual when we still could at Costco so hopefully if we use it sparingly for the next weeks we will have enough.

On the local news 2 days ago someone was selling rolls of toilet paper in Albuquerque for $20 PER ROLL............what a lowlife!!!!!

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Mar-25

Cute pattern.  I pray this will be over before I could get that quilt top done.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Mar-25

judyinohio said:

, I had to buy that pattern. Plus another one on the same page. 

Not done with quilting quite yet, are you?blush

Suze (casuzenn)

Mar-25

oh..lemme guess...'Shattered'???!!!

judyinohio

Mar-25

My hands and shoulders say I am done but my mind insists that there are more quilts to be made.

judyinohio

Mar-25

What are you, Suze, forum's mind reader? 

Yes, I bought "Shattered" ... I have a bunch of Thangles I bought ages ago at a biggie quilt show that I have never used and I loved the look of that quilt very, very much.