Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Mola anyone?   General Discussion

Started Mar-21 by Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3); 491 views.

Years ago I did some research on those and was planning to make something...............well over the years that idea kind of got forgotten. Something like that looks really nice, especially for those of us the LOVE needle turn. Thanks!

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Mar-21

Oooooooo. Doesn't that look lovely?

I have an authentic mola around here someplace that I haven't done anything with but admire.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Mar-21

That is a pretty block.  Love the bight colors.  I had never heard the word "mola" to describe this although I have seen things made like this.  thanks for the education.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR) said:

Doesn't that look lovely?

hehehe, you do know I posted that specifically to tempt you....

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Mar-21

You are a horrible, horrible person.

and I thank you for it.  :-)

I knew you were wrapping up your Art Deco flowers, figured you were about ready for something new.  I am a BIG FAN of Eye of the Beholder patterns and videos.  I even gushed like a groupie when I found them at the Houston show.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Mar-23

Yeah, I've been known to be a fan girl when I meet someone I've seen online. :-)

As for my next applique project, once the Hawaiian Applique gets down, is chickens in a farm scene, called "Hen House" by Claire Turpin.   There is a business called "Second Chance Fabrics", operating out of Fresno, CA (for those out of staters, Fresno is in the southern half of the Central Valley, which is generally considered the armpit of California. :-)  )  I don't believe they have a brick-and-mortar store but online and at shows only.

I saw them at a show last year and one item they had was this complete applique quilt kit (minus the backing and batting).  It was a kit that someone had bought then decided they would never do it.  So, I purchased it.   It's been on my mind to do but the Hawaiian Applique kept bugging me.  I knew that the Hawaiian Applique wasn't going to be a VERY long project, so that got bumped to the top of the list.

However, "Hen House" is next up.  I was delighted when I re-found the kit!  woo hooo!   Here's what the finished project, per the pattern, looks like:

Hi there and good morning to you!  Cool, overcast and windy here in Québec, about 18 F.

That Hen House quilt is so cute.  I love the background color.  From the photo, it looks like a medium tan.  Is that right ?

Suze (casuzenn)

Mar-23

ooh....and there is that crafty fox in the hen house!! Love it..that  should take a bit of time to do...though..probably not too much to actually sew -its probably more prep time with those fancy chickens...are you going to do them your normal back basting or prepared?