Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

folding fabric   General Discussion

Started Mar-28 by Pamjr; 397 views.
Pamjr

Mar-28

A while back someone post a cool video about folding fabric, so it stores better. Could someone post the link again?? I thought I saved it, but I can't find it.

In reply toRe: msg 1
CC (ccase5)

Mar-29

I just realized i don't see a Search bar anywhere. I was going to search for that info but can't seem to.
judyinohio

Mar-29

I did use the Search feature but it was useless. It does not go back very far and it doesn't seem to join the words "folding" and "fabric" as a search item.

If you go to Google and type in "Fold quilt fabric for storage" you will get oodles of ideas and can spend all day considering your options.   relaxed

CC (ccase5)

Mar-29

I couldn't find a Search option in the forum though. thought we had one at one time.
judyinohio

Mar-30

We do have one ... it's called "Find Messages".  It's in the upper right hand corner.  Here's a screen shot of the page I'm looking at as I reply to your posting and, as I wrote earlier, I think "Find Messages" is sort of useless. 

You can type "folding fabrics" in that little box and it will come up with a bunch of messages but they are not exactly what you are looking for.  The search does not seem to go back very far.

bornblesse2

Mar-30

Maybe Shelley/ Pirate will find find this thread and respond.  I know she has folded all her fabric.

3carats (MaryDinFL)

Mar-30

Here is a video of the way I fold my fabric. It looks nice on the shelf and also fits standing vertical in fabric crates.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=folding+fabric+for+storage#kpvalbx=_gAuCXs2OCYWStQWilbnACw32

Mary in Orlando

In reply toRe: msg 7

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOgpi1BEFeU

discussion about how to fold fabric so you can easily rotary cut without having to refold. - I don't always do it but on large pieces it's good to keep in mind.

CC (ccase5)

Mar-31

Ah, Judy, i must be in a different view. Classic I guess.
Thanks for the info though. I am having trouble getting into my sewing room and staying there to do anything right now. But will make it sometime I hope.