Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

hexie Forever Project - down the rabbit hole   General Discussion

Started 5/1/20 by Pirate (PIRATE_SR); 10931 views.
latterberry

5/24/20

I see you got your question answered about the width of the trapezoid being consistent.  I think for my 3 inch triangle  I cut a 1.25 inch strip giving a 3/4 finished frame.  I also did not cut out trapezoids.  I just sewed a strip of my frame fabric on the side with a bit extending over the side. Then used my triangle ruler to trim it up.  Works for me anyway.

Suze (casuzenn)

5/24/20

interesting!

Thanks for the explanation!

latterberry

5/26/20

OK, Shelley.  First you lead me to the rabbit hole and then you open up the bag of chips (you know you can't eat/make just one).  I kept wanting to make another one just to play with the color combinations.  Then, I thought it would be fun to do black, gray, and white.  Then I spent some time on pintrest.  And that led me to this.  Blocks aren't sewn down yet--just sitting on the blue background fabric I will use.  I sure am having fun making these--thanks for enabling.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

5/26/20

that is FANTASTIC!  WOOOOO HOOOOO!

The more I look at this block, the more possibilities occur to me.   Your gray/black/white + color Hollow Cubes look like Luminaries (without the cutouts).  They absolutely appear to be glowing from within. I don't think I would have jumped to making **just the triangles** one color ... but that is the secret to your glowing Hollow Cubes.  Wowsers!

Duly put on my list.  :-)

latterberry

5/26/20

Thank you!  I knew those bright batik scraps would come in handy someday.

LABFIEND

5/26/20

I love the dark around the edges!  Makes they look like lanterns!

But no, you haven't tempted me to go down the rabbit hole....yet!

Lynne your blocks look like they are glowing..........how cool!

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

5/26/20

LABFIEND said:

But no, you haven't tempted me to go down the rabbit hole....yet!

We're working on it.

5dogmom (CRISR5)

5/26/20

Those are very cute and fun to look at!  Thank you for the inspiration and beauty today!

Cris in MT

judyinohio

5/26/20

Were you reminded of those rubbery Jell-O cubes of your childhood?  wink I was.