Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Arm and Hammer baking soda   General Discussion

Started May-4 by CC (ccase5); 254 views.
CC (ccase5)

May-4

I have two indoor cats and use the Arm and hammer baking soda in their litter boxes. usually sold in cat isle. now my son bought me a huge box at the store. this says Baking soda. The one in the cat isle does not. Is this the same product?? Just wondering. my cats thank you.
judyinohio

May-4

Perhaps this is why you use it in the litter boxes?  I don't think there is any difference between buying the "brand name" and the generic .... baking soda is baking soda IMHO.

The quote below is from Wikipedia:

Mild disinfectant

It has weak disinfectant properties,[23][24] and it may be an effective fungicide against some organisms.[25] Because baking soda will absorb musty smells, it has become a reliable method for used book sellers when making books less malodorous.[26]

CC (ccase5)

May-4

thanks, i'm going to have to use it regardless. as long as it's mostly the same and my cats don't mind. they share my bathroom!
Suze (casuzenn)

May-4

its the same stuff...

I used to buy huge bags of the stuff when I still had kitties..

Now the last bag is probably on its last legs, so I need to get a new one.

Its good for cleaning too...and for clearing drains (cup full of Baking Soda , cup full of vinegar - this foams up quite a bit, followed by a lot of hot water)

CC (ccase5)

May-5

I started using the larger box and it isn't as powdery as the one in the cat isle. I try shaking it before using.
Thanks again.