Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

where is everybody   General Discussion

Started May-5 by viola (sissly4); 1145 views.
viola (sissly4)

May-5

Where is everybody.No body has been posting on here.I am busy making 250 sun dressing for the dress a girl.I am doing well I love staying at home but miss my friends.I have been seeing my family on Monday night family night.This week I will have a friend come over for lunch.Friday night some of us will get to gather and play a game.I hope the 17th of May we can have service for my husband AL. Don't know yet if we can.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

May-5

Viola, glad you are doing well.  I figured you were sewing , sewing , sewing.  I think we all miss the face to face interactions and are ready to get out and about a little more.  I'm more than ready for some girl time.  As much as I love him, I could use a break from Bob.  I'm sure that's a 2 way street.

Viola it has been quiet here lately, especially considering most of us are home. Sounds like you are really busy.

I have been sewing clothes too, but for myself as well as a few masks which I am giving away (took a bunch when we went shopping today and gave them to an employee at the store to give to the people working there that might need them). I am not making near as many masks as some of the ladies here.

I am spending time working on organizing some stuff.

I need to get a quilt back pieced and ready for the t-shirt quilt I just finished piecing.

I hope you are able to do the service for Al.

MarciainMD

May-5

I haven't been on the forum for a while because I've been busy sewing masks, working on quilting projects and taking our new, and very energetic, dog walking.  We had planned to go visit our DD and her family at their new location in Virginia this past month but of course with all the restrictions we couldn't do that.  We're visiting with them on Facetime at least once a week and we're also getting together with two other couples on Facetime every two weeks.  It will be nice to actually see people in person.

But I'm healthy and keeping very busy.  Will get on the forum more often and work my way through all the posts I've missed.

I've ben reading along, but not replying a lot. This is crunch time. One week from now, my classes will be over and I'll be an RN almost immediately. Also started a training course for NCLEX, which is the boards for nursing. i've been doing work around the house too of course, but closed the sewing room until I get done with boards.

LABFIEND

May-5

Viola:  I have been making masks and trying to start my garden.  Also bought baby chicks and have bees coming tomorrow or Thursday.  Taking a break from masks and have finished two more tops from the retreat orphan blocks for Hilda.

Glad you are staying safe and i know you are sewing, sewing, sewing!!

Hi there !

I've been busy with yard work ... spring chores seem to take longer every year ... LOL ... wonder why that is !

It's been cool here, so perennials haven't started sending up shoots yet, and we usually have to wait until after May 24 to be safe with planting annuals.

Going to get back to making a few more masks and quilting my Dutchman's Puzzle quilt.

Stay safe everyone!

Judy (DJZMOM)

May-5

Hi Viola!!!  

I'm here too.  I got burned out on making masks and haven't sewn much since.  I've tried to get into prepping some of my wool patterns but those have not inspired me either as my hands have been hurting more.  So I am mulling over trying to do more wool prepping for handwork or just pass it all along to those who can and want to.  

I also did finish piecing the wedding quilt I bought fabric for while at the retreat.  Awaiting backing fabric to I can do the quilting.  

Wow!  250 sundresses for the girls!  The gals will be so delighted.  I hope you can see the faces of those wearing you dresses and care for them.

Judy (DJZMOM)

May-5

Mel Harris (MelHarris1) said...

One week from now, my classes will be over and I'll be an RN almost immediately. Also started a training course for NCLEX, which is the boards for nursing. i've been doing work around the house too of course, but closed the sewing room until I get done with boards.

That's so great!  Keep your head down girlfriend!  You're almost there.  I'm so proud of you, your determination and hardwork!

LABFIEND said:

Also bought baby chicks

I bet they  are adorable!