Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Buttons, anyone?   General Discussion

Started May-10 by Pirate (PIRATE_SR); 230 views.
Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

May-10

A cousin of Mr. Pirate's gave me a box of his (the cousin's) Mom's sewing stuff.  The Mom was a Depression child and one of many siblings, so it wasn't any great surprise to find a messload of *buttons*!  :-)   I have no need for them (I gave away my own button collection years ago, as I realized that I just wasn't going to be using them).

If anyone would like this supply of nifty buttons ... all probably vintage .. just let me know and I will mail them off to you.

I love buttons, so if nobody claims them, I'd be happy to!

LABFIEND

May-10

I love buttons too, but have a substantial collection of my own, so Mel is welcome to them!!

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

May-10

all righty, Mel!  I'll get them in the mail to you!

CC (ccase5)

May-10

Oh no, i gave away two large cans of buttons years ago. i did, however, make a two sided quilt of four patches with buttons on each side in center of all blocks. sort of a quilt as you go quilt.
still love buttons. fun to do things with. Enjoy, whom ever takes them!

Oh, I have a big collection too, but I just love them. My grandma had this big tin of buttons, and I used to sit and play with them forever as a kid, sorting by size, by color, by color or texture, stacking them and stringing them...it was so fun! So I started this fascination early. I get them any time I see them at garage sales and stuff too!

Yup me too.............I love using them too. I was gonna respond but saw you beat me to it.