Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Erma   Quilting Swaps - Unsewn

Started May-12 by latterberry; 952 views.
latterberry

May-12

I can't remember what thread we were talking about Erma in and too lazy to search.  This showed up on my facebook today and I thought I would share.  Timeless advice,

Image may contain: 1 person, text

CC (ccase5)

May-12

Oh thanks for that ! I loved her.

Yep use the good china and get out the table linens!

Cathy (cacnurse1)

May-13

Amen!  Not too late for us to follow some of this advice.

tuckyquilter

May-14

She was great.. and I loved her books.  I had all of them at one time.. May still be in the garage book box.  "Motherhood - The Second Oldest Profession".  "Family - The Ties That Bind - and Gag"..   

Sure miss the "good old days" when people could just be fun and funny.  

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

May-14

and poke fun at other stereotypes (and oneself) without being concerned about vitriolic backlash.

Side note: I was given a stern finger wagging by the FB police for posting something "against community standards".  Holy moley .. whatever could that have been??  Well, the original poster had shown her elderly father and his 2nd wife dancing up a storm.  Dang, they sure looked good and enjoying themselves!  I mentioned exactly that ... and then ... added my opinion that .... (paraphrasing)   Men are d-u-m-b  [I'm spelling it out here JUST IN CASE there are police bots floating around] because if they realized just how much women love to dance, they'd take dancing lessons.  They'd have more dates than they could shake a stick at.

The FB police objected to me calling men d-u-m-b.      Now, for goodness sake ... I was poking fun at a stereotype but that is not allowed over in FB-land.  smh.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR) said:

The FB police objected to me calling men d-u-m-b. Now, for goodness sake ... I was poking fun at a stereotype but that is not allowed over in FB-land. smh.

Facebook is beginning to really censor our freedom of speech! For goodness sake we are going down a really dark path.