Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Scrap busting Picnic Mystery   Quilting Challenges

Started May-19 by bornblesse2; 4406 views.
Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jun-8

Mishii said:

I haven't sewed in ages.  I don't know if I've lost my mojo or I'm just tired. 

It was all those masks that wore you down!

Pretty sure you knew that when things opened up you were going to be over the top busy!  Hope you find some staff soon!

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jun-8

LindaPutt said:

I would be excited if my 3 big bins turned into 3 small shoe box size containers. 

That's not what happens.  You end up with your bins having organized pieces, different squares and strips.  I need to make a few lumberyard quilts and use some up as I have another bin full to cut.  It is nice to not have to cut to sew something up.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jun-8

You guys are making me think that I need to join if just to have the clues for later.  I have a few "must do" quilts that I need to do now.  I have noticed also that I can't comment if I don't join.  Thought I might join just so I could say something.grinning

bornblesse2

Jun-8

So Cathy, I also have lumberyard cuts.  I guess you and I need to just work together on those one day!

but, I also just precut 2 kits from scrap strips.  So I don’t know when I will get to the lumberyard pieces!  Although, I guess I could just keep making kits for charity sewing in February.... 

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jun-8

bornblesse2 said:

I guess you and I need to just work together on those one day!

We could do that and swap some scraps.  Sometimes I get tired of mine.  I have made kits from scraps for the church group.  Even the sewers in the group, prefer not to cut.  As long as they get made into a top, I don't care.  I usually include the backing so It's ready to go.  I could aim for February too.

bornblesse2

Jun-8

You are so fortunate that your group has sewers!  Mine just doesn’t have anyone who wants to do the tops.  They help with stitching while there, and I just found someone who will stitch down the binding edge- by machine.  So, I am thankful for that!

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jun-8

bornblesse2 said:

Mine just doesn’t have anyone who wants to do the tops

Can you try to recruit someone?  There must be sewers and maybe quilters at your church.

bornblesse2

Jun-8

Actually, the two that do a few tops  don’t belong to my church, just come to my sew day.  I am working on it!

LindaPutt

Jun-8

I was just wishful thinking I guess.  I thought I remembered the lumberyard girls showing us that. 

LABFIEND

Jun-9

We will try and sew harder at next retreat!!