Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Scrap busting Picnic Mystery   Quilting Challenges

Started May-19 by bornblesse2; 4094 views.
viola (sissly4)

Jun-15

I took my machine in for a yearling cleaning June 1th.Can not get it back until July 15th.When I was in the store I hear the guy say nine machines came in today to either get clean or fix.I am working on my sun dresses.Have 25 left out of 225 dresses.I don't know what I will next.I am kinded in a MOJA ALSO.

bornblesse2

Jun-15

Wow, that’s a long wait for your machine!  Where did you take it? I had a 3 week wait which is long.  I guess everyone is servicing machines!

i sure hope you have a back up machine!  I have an extra if you need it!

hey Viola, if you get an opportunity for more fleece scraps, my lady and I have used them up!  

Misha (MISHAMISHA)

Jun-15

What size fleece scraps can you use?

bornblesse2

Jun-15

Any fleece big enough to make a scarf, lap quilt, or larger.

Viola has a contact that sometimes get cut offs from a company that uses fleece. We use their throwaways to make various things.  I square up edges and use a slotted blade to make edging holes, and a friend then crochets edges on them.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jun-16

viola (sissly4) said:

.Can not get it back until July 15th.

Sure hope you don't have to wait until then to get those last 25 dresses done.  I need to take my featherweight in.

Judy (DJZMOM)

Jun-22

Maybe during this SIP some of us can do some tops and just get stuff done from our sewing room and our own stash and scraps.  I'm kinda liking where this mystery is going.

Judy (DJZMOM)

Jun-22

bornblesse2 said...

I am making lots of kits lately so many options should be available come February!

Be sure to remind us!

bornblesse2

Jun-22

I will remind ya all!  And it appears I won’t be going back to work anytime soon, so I will keep making kits and cutting up scraps  ....but I am trying to get to a few of my own things.

bornblesse2 said:

I will remind ya all! And it appears I won’t be going back to work anytime soon, so I will keep making kits and cutting up scraps ....but I am trying to get to a few of my own things.

I have quite a few scrap bins, seems that I have squirreled away a few in my sewing room downstairs and have stumbled across them as I have been going thru things. I have already made a list of scrap quilts I want to make and will start working on scrap cutting and putting shapes into kits as well. I have to say that I have been making scrap quilts for years now and I think they are really my favorite types of quilts.

I have fallen behind on the mystery as I have been working on my applique for my tree of life quilt. I have been cutting a bazillion leaves for it and have designed a couple of squirrels and birds to put on there too. I did break down and buy fabric for the squirrels at a local quilt shop as my bin of brown fabrics is in Colorado and I really wanted a certain fabric color.

bornblesse2

Jun-22

Ami, I am glad your working on your tree!  I know that I will get back to the mystery soon, as I like where it is going, and it is easy.  
I think the heat and the mostly being at home is getting to me.   I can’t seem to stay in my sewing room for long stretches.  Oh well, it is what it is.   One goal at a time !  I am really having to tell myself what MUST be worked on each day.

(or is this excuses to not just admit that I am getting lazy asi allow my gray hair to reveal itself!  Shhhhhh.......don’t tell anyone,)