Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Scrap busting Picnic Mystery   Quilting Challenges

Started May-19 by bornblesse2; 4780 views.
bornblesse2

Jun-22

Ami, I am glad your working on your tree!  I know that I will get back to the mystery soon, as I like where it is going, and it is easy.  
I think the heat and the mostly being at home is getting to me.   I can’t seem to stay in my sewing room for long stretches.  Oh well, it is what it is.   One goal at a time !  I am really having to tell myself what MUST be worked on each day.

(or is this excuses to not just admit that I am getting lazy asi allow my gray hair to reveal itself!  Shhhhhh.......don’t tell anyone,)

viola (sissly4)

Jun-24

I bought the machine in Tucson.So that where it is.I have three other machines and two serger.I  finish the 209 dresses and sewed six quilt as you go on the serger last week.The lady came over and took 11 bags of quilt's and all my dresses this past Sunday.I will call my friend and see if see can get you some fleese.

bornblesse2

Jun-28

No hurry on the fleece Viola.   I just thought I’d let you know that if you got asked again, I wouldn’t might taking a load off your hands.

your a gem a Viola!  I get warm fuzzy when we pass stuff around and it gets used and made into something useful instead of being wasted!

Judy (DJZMOM)

Jun-28

I was so anxious to get my top together yesterday.  I trimmed blocks I found I hadn't trimmed to 5.5" (after I'd ripped them out when I discovered the problem).  I sewed on the first major row UPSIDE DOWN after I'd sooooo carefully checked, double checked and pinned the row and it's points to be practically perfect.....  RRRRRRRRIP.  Then I sewed other pair of HSTs together and discovered one was trimmed to 5.25" so was short by the seam allowance.  I was so discusted with myself that I just couldn't face teaching the block apart with 1/2 being made of scrappy strips.  So after I took a deep breath I decided to add on a piece of the background fabric.  I reasoned most of it will be disguised in the yet ti be sewn together swam and I'll just have to give it extra strength with the quilting.  

I'm taking a break today.  Just can't keep ripping just yet.

bornblesse2

Jun-28

Yea, I put mine to the side to after sewing the star center wrong.   Besides, I told Joy I’d test a pattern for her.  But cut it Mostly out and then found out the many many 2.5” blocks should be 2”.   Now I’m discouraged to recut those and I may very well run out of the main color.  Jus5 do t want to face it right now.   
(Besides, my oldest is frustrated with his job and the leadership.  Long story, but 2 of the staff on board for the summer are out sick....). This household is not the happiest place.  Lol, everyone in their corners!

Judy (DJZMOM)

Jun-28

Oh dear.  I do dislike trimming pieces or trimming parts accurately.  

I'm sorry everyone is in their own corners but so glad you have corners to each go to!  Take a breath and start again tomorrow.  That's what I've opted for.  Hope it works.

bornblesse2

Jun-28

Tensions are already lower after ordering pizza for supper!

one is now studying!  

One is happier and being the best quarantine guy ever!  ( he used DH credit card. Comes back with a wipe and Hands the card over without touching again!  Thinking smart,  just in case,)

Hubby found a good book to read after his building project only worked ok.

me, I am ignoring the 2 projects on the table need Jack.

Judy (DJZMOM)

Jun-28

Perfect end to a trying day!!!

viola (sissly4)

Jul-2

I don't know what was problem was that I could not post. But now I can. My friend said they don't answer the phone so problem are close because of the cov 19. She said she will keep trying to see if we can get some fleese.

bornblesse2

Jul-2

No hurry!  They may still be shut down.  Or shut down again.  Some places are.   I am In No hurry, I have plenty to work on.