Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Scrap busting Picnic Mystery   Quilting Challenges

Started May-19 by bornblesse2; 4778 views.

Love your batiks! I am gonna start pulling some fabrics and hopefully will have clue 1 finished by the time she posts clue 2. I have two scrap bins here to pull from so should be able to do this without too much pulling from stash.

Misha (MISHAMISHA)

May-22

I started my pile for this project by pulling some batiks that I’ve had for a long time. Some of the ones I added later are newer, but many of them are fabrics that I really liked, but had never used for anything. Same with some of the lights, but not all. There are a number of them that didn’t make the cut that felt “warmer“. I should put those all into another pile and make some thing else with them.

bornblesse2

May-22

Lol, Misha, I am with you on that!  I have plenty of projects already in the works.  But as I read and it really sounded like I could make it from my left over and bits, I figured why not!

as I see how the clues go, I may back out, but the 4 patches can be used so many ways - besides, I already had cut squares!  WIN!

Misha (MISHAMISHA)

May-23

Indeed. I initially wasn’t going to participate but then I saw her mention that it was going to be “beginner friendly“, and while I am definitely no beginner I needed something simple and straightforward to get the quilting juices flowing again.

I keep getting into a non-quilting rut and I need a little boost to get going again. Maybe this will prompt me to get out some UFOs again. I did get two off my plate a few months back, though they still need binding.

I really liked how the last BH mystery was going but it’s so labor intensive and I got to a point where I had to decide which combos were going to be sacrificed for corner units and kind of gave up/in to indecision.

I also have the Gudrun GE Designs quarantine quilt along Elvira on my design wall and need to get that wrapped up so I can lay out the BH one and make those decisions. 

bornblesse2

May-23

I have finally been doing some quilting lately.  I got 2 quilts bound and am working intermittently on a large Applique.  The last 3 days I worked on my Dear Jane again.  That is one true FOREVER project!

Misha (MISHAMISHA)

May-23

I participated in a Farmer’s Wife block swap a few years back and have around 100 wonderful blocks but keep stalling on how I want to do the setting triangles. I feel I should decide on that before I do the sashing and cornerstones. Some day I’ll figure it out! 

bornblesse2 said:

I have finally been doing some quilting lately.

Yeah! Glad you are working on stuff again. I was in a real slump some weeks back but once I got my momentum up I have been working on stuff just about every day. I did join the mystery and finished cutting the 3" squares today. I hope to get them sewn tonight. Since I dug out the scrap bins I might just do a bit of cutting stuff outta them to make them more user friendly, I am gonna make myself hold off till the mystery is done because I will likely need more stuff outta them before we are done, I WILL need stuff outta them before we are done :)

bornblesse2

May-23

Ami, the scraps are the reason I went ahead and jumped in!  If I don’t like the quilt top, it can always be a charity one from the bits.

I'm hoping I can do most of it from the scraps around here!

bornblesse2 said:

I'm hoping I can do most of it from the scraps around here!

My scraps are pretty sparse so I did cut some from larger pieces of fabric but I got them all cut and also sewn. I guess now I am all caught up till the next step. scrap quilts usually look good so I am not too worried I will not like it and like you said I sure can give it away to someone that needs a quilt if I don't.

Misha (MISHAMISHA) said:

I keep getting into a non-quilting rut and I need a little boost to get going again

That keeps happening to me.