Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Scrap busting Picnic Mystery   Quilting Challenges

Started May-19 by bornblesse2; 4783 views.
Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jul-10

Judy (DJZMOM) said:

“Summer 2020 COVID Scrapbuster Quilt”. 

So soft and pretty, Judy.  Mine may end up looking wild and could still have the same name.

Judy doing the applique on the finished top is very doable. I just figure out what part of the quilt to scrunch up to get the applique done............mine is bigger than the picnic quilt and doing the applique on the finished top ensures that it is centered properly and keeps the corners from being problematic. The handwork is very relaxed and theraputic.

In reply toRe: msg 93
Judy (DJZMOM)

Jul-13

Thanks so much!  

As I've been thinking about the border I like the idea of bright applique kinda crazy flowers out of reclaimed wool clothes I've collected over the past few years.  Today I photo copied some patterns so I could cut and paste multiples on a single 8.5"x11" piece of paper.  Then I will photocopy those pattern sheets onto freezer paper sheets I found online.  Then I can just iron them onto the wool, cut out and staple in place on the borders!  I've not done this method before so we'll see how this works. 

Colene...  If you have any words of wisdom about stitching wool to cotton I'd sure appreciate your input!!

Judy your wool on the border in brights sounds so pretty! I am gonna do a simple flower or so in each corner with vines and leaves. I will have a ton of leaves left over from my tree of life quilt border so they are ready to go.

In reply toRe: msg 95

DH went back to Colorado today by himself and I am staying in New Mexico to finish up some loose ends. I have been doing stuff around the house which seems to be just endless so today I took a day off and pulled out the mystery quilt blocks and figured out a different setting than Joy's. I used every piece she had us make but just arranged them differently. Well I kept saying I will get this far and quilt. I just kept going and got the entire top pieced...........well it took most of the day but it is done. I will try to get the border cut out and attached tommorow so I can start on the applique as some handwork in the evenings. So glad that I was able to get back to this. I had kind promised myself I would not work on it till the tree of life quilt was finished and I got the done last week.