Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Adjustments due to Covid 19    Off-Topic Chat

Started Jun-8 by Midkid5; 354 views.
Midkid5

Jun-8

I attended my uncles funeral on Friday it was a bit strange.  Most  everyone was wearing a mask, there was no congregational singing just a soloist. The lunch  after was just for family which was just a small group of about twenty since no one was traveling.

It is sad to lose the knowledge of his generation, but thankful that he is no longer suffering.

i must say the restrictions Covid 19 has put on nursing homes is frustrating to say the very least.  They knew the end was near and yet no one could see him not even his wife.  She had not been able to visit since January, as she got sick and by the time she was well the home was on lock down.

Jo

Jo I am sorry for your loss of your uncle. Things are a bit strange right now with all the social distance and quarantine requirements. This year is one we will never forget for sure.

bornblesse2

Jun-8

This is so hard and unfair to that generation!  I have friends with A parent confused because family does visit any more.  She is so sure everyone is mad at her and no one loves her.

but the isolation of this generation is just so hard!

LindaPutt

Jun-8

I have a friend whose husband was in the hospital and she couldn't visit him either.  They did Facetime or Zoom - I can't recall which she said.  It helped.  Thankfully he pulled through.  I'm sorry to hear about your uncle.  How sad for him that he couldn't even see his wife. 

Midkid5

Jun-9

She was able to have someone come to her home the day before his passing and gotto FaceTime with him, just not the same as being there.

Jo

Judy (DJZMOM)

Jun-9

I'm so sorry for the tragic loss of your dear Uncle's life in such extreme circumstances.  Blessings and prayers to you and your family and especially to his dear wife.  

Here's a heart-warming story from the Live PD television show (originally broadcast in March 2020) about families who have been unable to visit in person, and how the police and a member of the community responded to the problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INBPzwfN1iI  

I am going to miss Live PD so much.  I understand that they have stopped broadcasting for the time being, considering the current situation with many police departments.  I hope they return to TV as soon as possible.   

bornblesse2

Jun-9

That’s a great story!  I thought it was going to be the firemen who brought their bucket truck in to raise people to the third or fourth floor balcony to help Get family closer to celebrate a birthday!  That was fun!

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jun-9

JulietDeltaOscar (fixin2quilt) said:

Here's a heart-warming story from the Live PD television show

Nice story.  You could see how excited Miss Alice was to be able visit, even if it was by tablet.