Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

pink flamingo   Off-Topic Chat

Started Jun-8 by Pirate (PIRATE_SR); 876 views.
Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Jun-8

So.  I bought a rubber stamp from a crafting supply place, online.  Sometimes, they will include a bonus "something" as a thank-you for your purchase.  This is the bonus item I received with my rubber stamp.  A pink plastic flamingo, about 1.25" tall.  It stands by itself.

I have no idea why such an item was even produced.  It has no crafting purpose.  it's just a visual thing.  OTOH, maybe the supply place got stuck with an overload of small pink plastic flamingos and this is their way of spreading the wealth, whilst decreasing their supply.  LOL!

I have no idea what to do with it.  :-)

judyinohio

Jun-8

Tie a tiny little bow around the creature's neck, give it a girly name (Desdemona?) and present it as some kind of award at the next Arizona retreat.

Get those creative juices flowing, girl.

Pepto Bismol pink .. an award for an iron stomach for the person who eats the most Mexican food? 

bornblesse2

Jun-8

Cat toy?  Sewing buddy? Who knows.

i have a friend whose mother is a flamingo nut.  But not me.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Jun-8

judyinohio said:

present it as some kind of award at the next Arizona retreat.

oooh, yes!   Now there's a superlative idea!   Hostesses, take note!   Desdemona is available as a door prize.  :-)

bornblesse2

Jun-8

Pink for Patti?     (Ducking and running....)

Msg 3597.6 and the next 1 deleted

1.25 inches tall?  It would be perfect for somebody with one of those old typesetting drawers used to display miniature items.  I have a very small collection of miniature items, but no such shelf to display them.  Another project for the "someday" list.  Hah!  

LABFIEND

Jun-9

bornblesse2 said:

Pink for Patti?     (Ducking and running....)

You better!!!!!!  Put a leash on it and give it to a troll!!

judyinohio

Jun-9

A troll walking her pet flamingo.

Add some sand, a beach umbrella, a palm tree and you have a lovely .... what's the word .... diorama!

C'mon, Pirate ... maybe throw in a tiny treasure chest full of gems and loot.