Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

How do you enlarge a mask psttern?   General Discussion

Started Jun-11 by sueinIL; 509 views.
sueinIL

Jun-11

I printed out a mask pattern.  There was a line beneath it that said, "This should be   3" .  We'll on my copy it was only 2" .  How do I enlarge the mask based on that measurement?

Increase it on a xerox machine?

sueinIL

Jun-11

I was thinking of trying to enlarge it through our printer.  Xerox is a good idea but not sure there is one locally.  Thank you for suggesting thst!

Sue in IL

CC (ccase5)

Jun-11

It all has to do with your printer setting. You need to set the printer to 100% as it is likely set at a less percentage. I printed some online patterns a few weeks ago and once I set the printer to the right setting it all was fine. Do you have the manual for your printer, if not find it online and it should tell you what to do. What is likely happening is that the print project is defaulting to a "fit to page" type of setting.

sueinIL

Jun-11

Thank you!  I think I know how to do that!  I was just about to go look for a pattern that came full-size, but I liked this one I found yesterday.

Sue in IL

sueinIL said:

I was just about to go look for a pattern that came full-size, but I liked this one I found yesterday

There are a lot of really good patterns out there. Good luck getting the settings right. Let us know how it goes, love to see a picture of the finished mask as well.

3carats (MaryDinFL)

Jun-14

I also use the mask pattern at craftpassion.com. Patterns for 4 sizes. Step by step tutorial and very comfortable.

sueinIL

Jun-14

I like that one--looks like it fits well!

Sue in IL