Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

MIA   General Discussion

Started Jun-22 by LeeAnn (mom1me2); 458 views.
LeeAnn (mom1me2)

Jun-22

Mom wanted me to let all know that she is fine. She had a procedure done to her face(eyes).  She looks like she has been beat half to death, but she is fine. Looking better each day as well.  

Pls let her know I'll be praying for her! <3

LindaPutt

Jun-23

Thanks for letting  us know LeeAnn.  Waving from home to you Nyla.  Hope you heal quickly!  You'll be in my prayers.

Judy (DJZMOM)

Jun-24

Thanks LeeAnn!!  I hope you are doing well too!

In reply toRe: msg 4
Judy (DJZMOM)

Jun-24

Today my Mom and I were like "Thelma & Louise:  The Chores Adventure"!                 

Warning:  a bit of a long story

My Mom has been cleaning out her garage due to a "stinkin' rat' getting into things.  She and my nephew worked last week (bless his heart...  on his day off!) to throw out poached and out of date food stuffs.  She was on a roll and bagged up misc bottles and cans around my Dad was "saving" to take a load to the recycling center.  I had a bunch of aluminum can in bags beneath Lizzie to go to so today was the day.  Car loaded with 6 of my bags and 4 of hers and we headed to downtown San Jose.  No line and helpful staff and we were in and out with cash in hand!  Now I have $57 in my "guilt free retreat fund"!!

We headed for home continuing in a loop fashion to find out when and if Savers was taking donations.  The donations door was open but store was not so I got the skinny of donating on a weekday!  Yay!!  She went through a bunch of former sized clothes she had in her sewing room yesterday.  She found some she can wear now that she's lost some weight...  her favorite brands and a couple brand new!  She is like a kid in a candy store.  I suggested she NOT put the too big ones back BUT put them into a bag I can drop off at Savers!  She is doubly jazzed.  

Then, we continued our homeward route heading toward WalMart and we both needed some things so swung in, shopped quickly and were further on our way.  Bypassing Costco we turned to do the last leg of the loop and it was just noon.  So I swung into McD's near her and  went through the drive through, grabbed lunch and drove on home by 12:30pm!

Her house was nice and cool so we were able to enjoy lunch together.  We've often done that on our Tuesday adventure/chore days, concluding with lunch inside sitting down somewhere, before the Covid SIP began 3 months ago.  This all predicated that I get up at an earlier hour and didn't just roll over with an uncaring attitude.  When I left her at her house she was all smiles and we were both feeling quite victorious!

Moral of this life lesson for me:  If I get my ambivalent attitude up and out of bed at an earlier hour...  I can get a lot more done!!!  And I have more time to sew!

HOW MANY TIMES will it take me to relearn this lesson!!??!!

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Jun-24

Judy.

Judy, Judy, Judy.

Dysania is a *real* problem.   It requires some pondering.  I suggest you sleep on it.  :-)

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jul-5

Print this post and hang it by your bed to read each night before you go to sleep!