Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Needle turn done but not quilted   Show and Tell

Started Jul-5 by Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3); 586 views.

I think I had previously hinted this would be done by Easter, but I didn't count on my work schedule and all the t-shirt quilts to make for coworkers.  Still it's done.  I like it, but I have to admit I wish I had used black batic instead of kona.  Needle turn with kona is not particularly fun, especially the points and inside corners.  It was very noticable when I started working on my other needle turn project that is batik - oh my so much more enjoyable.  Still it turned out pretty well and it's going to be up on the wall and not wash often, if those inside corners and points fray no one will ever know.  No idea how I'm going to quilt it, would be good to do something interesting in the background but I'll have to mull it over. the pattern is from eye of the beholder, my favorite reverse applique pattern company.  one other note, pretty sure this batik came from Chris's stash, very good use of it I think.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jul-5

Nice!  Wouldn't be surprised if that was one of Chris' batiks.  It is colors she would have loved.

Wow Dee that is georgous! I would double batt and do something very dense in the batik and let that machine puff up with not too much quilting. What a fun quilt!

oh I was going to say take a toothpick and just put a teeny bit of fray heck in the problematic spots.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Jul-5

Oh, this is beautiful!  You do such lovely work.

bornblesse2

Jul-5

Oh I like it!  Could you quilt a quilt block design in the background for interest?

tuckyquilter

Jul-6

I think it's lovely.  Well done.